=The P-Nut Club=

Reaction score
Between you and me....and whoever is reading, I unintentionally ended up selling for the price you offered anyway. It was a strange sale, that's why I never posted details. I did see it sell a few days later for a few hundred more and was hoping it wasn't you that bought it. I would have felt bad. Sure was a great sounding bass though! Right now, I'm playing an 8 and a half pound, Mike Lull PJ5 that has the extra route for the front jazz pickup. It's set up as a single coil, 60s jazz bass, with a John East pre.
Oh and soon as I got it the way I wanted....Warwick drops the CV5 I've been asking about!....AND MOVED THE CS, just so I couldn't try it! Lol.
For the price I paid for the 6 month new Lull, with all extras, bag and resale value, I made out great!
The Hellborg stays because it's just that good. I get my sound instantly now, without even activating the eq.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Ah, I wouldn't have cared. I'm not that guy.

I'm just glad you've got a bass you're happy with.

What's your honest opinion of the P-Nut III and what about the bass led you to sell it?

I've got a spare room if you ever want to pay the CS a visit! I saw on Andy's FB there will be a grand opening in May.

Reaction score
My honest opinions are all through thread. The tone of that bass was so good, I overlooked certain issues that all had to do with personal comfort. Weight wasn't an issue or anything. It was only the narrow spacing that ultimately made me let her go. If it was broad neck, I'd still have it.
Totally killer bass. I honestly can't think of any other change I would make or criticism I could offer. You saw what I did to the bridge, in an attempt to make my right hand more comfortable. When you go to those extremes to play a bass, it's probably time to let it go. I'm also playing with a pick again and I don't have the dexterity to play 17mm. The "flaw" is really my technique.
I want to save this thread for those who currently are enjoying their PNut as much as I did, but please send me some info on the CV5. I can only find it in the CS page, through the banner in this forum and still no specifics.

Reaction score
Thanks for the generous offer too. I'll put you on my list of "safehouses", lol!

Reaction score
hey gerry the cv5 will be available with the 2015-line but as warwick announced this on facebook -and obviously was clear- it will come with standart spacing:)

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Herb. I didn't see it on their Facebook page but if it's narrow spacing, there's no point. If there's a bass with a W on the head stock, it'll find me. I think that's like 7 top Warwicks I've been fortunate to have owned.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Off Topic: Hey Gerry, still owning that Reverso?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
There is an Adam Clayton sign. in your avatar. Thought it might be yours!

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I took that pic at the NYC custom shop. They were just hanging there.

Reaction score
Here's mine. fullfront_zpsapt2iwaf.jpg

Not my pics, these are from the seller.

back_zpsu7m4minp.jpg

It's a little over 10 lbs., and I was going to unload it, since the older I get, the less I like heavy basses. I bought an Empress G&L L-2500, which was really nice at 8 lbs. 3 oz., but it didn't have that Warwick sound, obviously. So I'm back to playing the P-Nut, and using a wide strap. It doesn't really have any neck dive to speak of, which makes the weight more bearable.

For me, personally, the string spacing is perfect. I don't do well on broadnecks, my Thumb 6'ers had good string spacing for me also.

I have not noticed any weakness on the G string, or serious dead spots anywhere. I've never played a I or II, so I can't compare the sound to those.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Just scored this P-Nut 1. I probably wouldn't have bought, but it's kinda special as it's number 51/51 of the first run, and it looks to be in brand new condition.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ah yes, Sippi posted the ebay link for this a little while back. Fantastic score Chris, what a beauty! This is your second P-Nut, right?

Dio would be proud. The last in line :p

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Ah yes, Sippi posted the ebay link for this a little while back. Fantastic score Chris, what a beauty! This is your second P-Nut, right?

Dio would be proud. The last in line :p

Yes! lol @ Dio.

Second P-Nut. I loved the III I had, but couldn't get rid of the dead G string no matter what I did. It had to go.

I love Stage II's, and I love FNA's and FNA Jazzmans (Jazzmen?) - so this should be about perfect for me. Hipshot Xtender and Brass Jan III on the way.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to pics of her when she's all tuned up :)

I love that pup config. Same one on my Flamin' Blonde. Lots of tonal options and it just looks badass ;)

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Honestly I don't think I can take better pics than the ones posted, but I will try. It looks and plays killer. There is one tiny nick at the edge of the fretboard, but other than that, it's completely flawless in every way. The hardware is mirror-like. I had to do an initial setup on it (bridge/nut only.. the trussrod is just right) but holy balls this thing is bad ass. Stage II on steroids. The neck is fatter than what I'm used to, but because the action is so low, it feels right. I'll make a video. It sounds like a Stage II but with more mid/low balls.

Reaction score
Hi P-nut people. I've been wondering about buying one of these ... I'd settle for a streamer S2, but the p-nut looks more interesting and more to the point, there is a P-nut III for sale not far from me.

I already have a dolphin pro1, which I like a lot, but it is a bit clean and clinical sounding sometimes - bit lacking in low end thump, more to the point it is one string short of 5!

The P-Nut ought to be very similar to a Dolphin: similar woods, same pickup layout ... though I see the bridge pickup is further from the bridge (so more bass?) and has more switching options (the Dolph has only "normal" and "single coil", "single" being, I think, the coil further from the bridge which is about where the p-nuts nearest coil is).

Anyone here played a dolphin a normal S2 and a P-nut like to comment?

Reaction score
I have a Warwick Custom Shop P-Nut Signature Model that was made for the 2009 NAMM show. There is no serial number on the bass, just the Warwick Custom Shop 2008 logo on the back/top and also an etched in P-Nut signature into the wood on the back of the headstock. I've owned a lot of Warwick's and never have had one that did not have a serial #...

Top Bottom