The History of Warwick Bass

Negyuh

total winker ;-)
Reaction score
great i know hardly anything from the Rockbass part of Warwick.

cygma

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
well i just logged in again after 3 years went by. i see there is still a bit of buzz around this document. maybe we can now really work out the errors and stuff. is should be able to do some work to it. could google doc be a way of sharing reviewed versions of the document so all interested exports can contribute to the book.

I was wondering whether a wiki might make more sense here.
The big advantage would be seperate articles/pages per topic (model, hardware piece, product line, ...) and linking.

Also: welcome back :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I agree with sygma. There is lots of Warwick knowledge here. Wikis are the best way to document knowledge currently on the internet.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
How we should do it? Like a forum's wiki, or real wikipedia?

Reaction score
I would say we could make a Forum Wiki or linked sub page depending on resources and easy of setup

cygma

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
How we should do it? Like a forum's wiki, or real wikipedia?

Hm, what do you mean by those?
A wiki specific to the forum vs. a general Warwick wiki?

A general Warwick wiki would be nice (and would be likely used by more people than forum users).

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You mean a "Wicki"? So you just have to found "Wickipedia"!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I agree with sygma. There is lots of Warwick knowledge here. Wikis are the best way to document knowledge currently on the internet.

I see what you did there. :)

I can imagine pages for the Wicki: One page per production model, current and discontinued. Also one page per year, and any model introductions and developments, general events to cross reference the production models.

One thing that would be very cool is having a nice timeline of the most important production models, when they were started and if they have been discontinued (or re-introduced), the time that this happened. Something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/582ccbc8802f42c0bb85cde9d268052d.png

(Fleetwood Mac band member history)

It should be a great overview.

cygma

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

I can imagine pages for the Wicki: One page per production model, current and discontinued. Also one page per year, and any model introductions and developments, general events to cross reference the production models.

One thing that would be very cool is having a nice timeline of the most important production models, when they were started and if they have been discontinued (or re-introduced), the time that this happened. Something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/582ccbc8802f42c0bb85cde9d268052d.png

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.
Is Wikia good to use these days? I've usually seen it as pretty cluttered with ads.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris

(Fleetwood Mac band member history)

It should be a great overview.

Great stuff. I'll expand further in my reply to cygma

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.
Is Wikia good to use these days? I've usually seen it as pretty cluttered with ads.

I'm not sure. I hastily registered it yesterday as this topic was happening. It may not be. I'm so busy at work right now with our office move, but I will explore any options for a better wiki. They may even have a pay version without ads.

At the least, it can be a place to begin putting the information. If it makes sense to register elsewhere, or even privately host the info, I can handle that.

As soon as i get a few minutes, I'll get that wiki set up. I haven't done much to it yet.

Great idea, cygma.

cygma

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Great stuff. I'll expand further in my reply to cygma

I'm not sure. I hastily registered it yesterday as this topic was happening. It may not be. I'm so busy at work right now with our office move, but I will explore any options for a better wiki. They may even have a pay version without ads.

At the least, it can be a place to begin putting the information. If it makes sense to register elsewhere, or even privately host the info, I can handle that.

As soon as i get a few minutes, I'll get that wiki set up. I haven't done much to it yet.

Great idea, cygma.

Right, the info could always moved over later if the license allows - cheers for getting it started :)
I would be happy to support it a bit later if needed for ad-free.

How about a separate thread for now to coordinate the article structure etc.?

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Wow!! What an awesome document. Has anyone verified it's accuracy by any chance? I would think the long time hardcore Warwick fans would point out any glaring flaws. Hopefully.
Thanks for the great link Jester!

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Wow!! What an awesome document. Has anyone verified it's accuracy by any chance? I would think the long time hardcore Warwick fans would point out any glaring flaws. Hopefully.
Thanks for the great link Jester!

It was created by two hardcore Warwick fans

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I'm about to get back started on the Wikia page. I shall need some help I would think. Who's in?

Reaction score
Yes, there is a 1994 Thumb BO on Ebay with the Walnut body. According to the Doc this is not common knowledge...
Thumb Bolton 1994-95(page 31)

The neck is usually screwed in Wenge (losing 2 frets from the neck through version), the body is made of walnut, a wood rarely used at Warwick, this fact remains unpublished.

I have walnut body in 5 bo Thumb -93

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This is a nicely detailed history of Warwick, put out this summer. It's in French, but use any browser to translate. Good stuff.

L`histoire des Warwick

Getting that WickWiki going would be cool. It'd be fun to have a picture archive as well. That's one thing there needs to be more of...Old pictures from the original factory. I love that kind of stuff.

Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-01-56.png
Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-05-41.png
Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-02-45.png

Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-06-30.png
Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-06-39.png
Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-06-00.png

Last edited:

aguacollas

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Great pictures. It's nice to look at one of those basses and wonder if it's the one you bought years later.

Early Streamers are so beautiful.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Those are just screen grabs from that short 30th anny video. We need to request more old pics from HP, for sure.

Great pictures. It's nice to look at one of those basses and wonder if it's the one you bought years later.

Early Streamers are so beautiful.

I was thinking the same thing. Is that Gracie in the first pic?? :oops::D

And that Thumb in the press. Glue running down. So cool. Looks like a 5 string possibly.

And I'm pretty sure that's HP's mom holding the Streamer. Which if you look closely, looks like a painted version...as you can see where the Schaller bridge is going to go :)

Reactions: RIP
Top Bottom