The History of Warwick Bass

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
Thank you for posting this! I swear I had seen it somewhere before but lost the link. You, my friend, are the man!!!

Reaction score
These guys made some great resaech in this Warwick story . Congrats to them .

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks Jester. i miss Max on the forum... He knew everything about thumb bass, not even HP could know more than him, haha!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Thanks Jester. i miss Max on the forum... He knew everything about thumb bass, not even HP could know more than him, haha!

I miss him too, he was a treasure of knowledge. I hope he didn't get bored with Warwicks after learning everything about them. :)

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Awesome! I just got done reading it. Man... I wish the guys behind this were still semi active here.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
That´s a gem of a document. Thanx for sharing it with us, Yanni.

Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Very nice and interesting reading for all Warwick players and fans... Thanks!!

Reaction score
Thank You Too for this valuable history!
With it I was able to approximate the year of my Thumb 4 I bought last week for $400.
It's probably made between 1992-1997 based on its wenge 7 piece neck and fretboard, its
Dunlop recessed locks, and its brass adjust a nut #1.
Are there there other features that would help me determine an exact production date?
Thanks again for all your research!!!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
:-D Glad you guys found that interesting and useful. I will make it sticky.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Thumb That, the recessed straplocks were in the mid 90's but if you have the serial number, the last two digits will show you the year :)

Reaction score
Yeah, It's a 1992 and doesn't look twenty years old! It's amazing how these basses maintain their beauty.
Most big name basses I've had through the years get ratty, scratched and rusted from sweat. The hardware on my Thumb looks new and the hard woods have resisted dings and scratches like magic!

Reaction score
A captivating read, I'd never have had the time to pull stuff like that together! :lol:

There should be a couple of caveats in there and I'd not have been so finite/categoric with some of the facts but it's easy to sit and nitpick after someone has done all of the hard work. ;) :d

A good job and congratulations.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can contact the author of this? There is some significant details that are incorrect regarding the Thumb bass that NEED to be corrected. If someone can put me in touch with them, or give them my address....I would like to get the details sorted out. Thanks!

Top Bottom