The Buzzard Brothers...

Reaction score
If I would feel the need for a case I would go to Thon by Thomann and let them build a custom case. Would likely still be cheaper than the leather bag from Warwick, but the case may be too heavy again...

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It would be as heavy as the Warwick case. Live with it! Or get the fat leather gigbag.

Transporting the big bird is a difficult thing!
D50DA9DE-C099-436F-80DB-8215C225F992.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
@Bademeister,

Your next challenge might be to find a stand that can accommodate the length of the Buzzard. This is the only one that I could find readily: and it is just barely tall enough.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
I recommend the 3 piece stand! :D

View attachment 21691
To each their own. I prefer the single stands. They seem more stable IMHO. I've also had a problem with the 2 and 3 place stands where my strap gets hooked on the "body support", testing my reflexes as I catch the thing to prevent it from falling over. Maybe that's just me :)

Last edited:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
To each their own. I prefer the single stands. They seem more stable IMHO. I've also had a problem with the 2 and 3 place stands where my strap gets hooked on the "body support", testing my reflexes as I catch the thing to prevent it from falling over. Maybe that's just me :)

I have the same thing happen with the 2 place stand, but not the 3 place stand. That one for some reason stands more stable.

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
Thanks to the long weekend, I created my first bass video. If you are interested in how the Buzzard 5 NT CS sounds, please check out the video on YT and let me know what you think. This was recorded directly into the interface with almost no processing in order to demonstrate the pure bass sound.

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Thanks to the long weekend, I created my first bass video. If you are interested in how the Buzzard 5 NT CS sounds, please check out the video on YT and let me know what you think. This was recorded directly into the interface with almost no processing in order to demonstrate the pure bass sound.

Man, that is a beautiful thing! :cool:

CeeJ

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The Buzzard has landed!
90-91' - one of the originals - A few un-noticeable marks - virtually pristine with no real sign or use or wear.
The neck is something to behold... speechless, just speechless... on how PERFECT of a Masterpiece this neck feels in my hands... And, FAST!!
Sound - GROWL definitely something identifiable to those who know Warwick, but this one has it's own totally unique voice and piano clarity we love at the same time...

I've played a few Buzzards over the years and a couple of other originals from back around a few years after this one was made, but never had one at home in my own space without pressure to just play and explore with unlimited time to unwind with...
The other Buzzards necks were definitely nice and felt good, but I do not recall them being quite like this!

Since becoming a proud new Buzzard parent, the bird has shared that she is an absolute tone Monster. I've only had a couple hours with her so far and can tell immediately that I haven't even touched the surface of subtleties and nuance that she can generate.
The dual P pickups have the IT that I was hoping for.

Have only run her thru my Aguilar DB750 with Mesa 4x10/15x Powerhouse so far.
My Amp Gurus are putting all new caps and tubes in the DB728 Power Amp with a couple of other tweaks to beef it up and help regulate the voltage evenly to every tube, but...
when that comes back - I'll be recording her into that - through an Aguilar DB680 Preamp with RE20 Mics.
They will be in front of the Mesa Cab mentioned above, as well as the custom Trace Elliot 4x12 Cab with Vintage Celestion 30's you see in the pic below.

I have to say, that in a world totally shitting and puking all over itself, this has brought something really special and meaningful... Maybe it's also part of the excitement of the "new-ness," but I'm pretty certain that I've got a new friend here and am looking forward to learning what we can do.

Just wanted to post up a couple of quick pics to share you guys, and to say, "thank you."
You really helped bring the GAS to the FIRE!
Well worth it in every way!!

Thanks Buzzard Bros~

Current Warwick Quiver...
[
IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_4376.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
The Buzzard has landed!
90-91' - one of the originals - A few un-noticeable marks - virtually pristine with no real sign or use or wear.
The neck is something to behold... speechless, just speechless... on how PERFECT of a Masterpiece this neck feels in my hands... And, FAST!!
Sound - GROWL definitely something identifiable to those who know Warwick, but this one has it's own totally unique voice and piano clarity we love at the same time...

I've played a few Buzzards over the years and a couple of other originals from back around a few years after this one was made, but never had one at home in my own space without pressure to just play and explore with unlimited time to unwind with...
The other Buzzards necks were definitely nice and felt good, but I do not recall them being quite like this!

Since becoming a proud new Buzzard parent, the bird has shared that she is an absolute tone Monster. I've only had a couple hours with her so far and can tell immediately that I haven't even touched the surface of subtleties and nuance that she can generate.
The dual P pickups have the IT that I was hoping for.

Have only run her thru my Aguilar DB750 with Mesa 4x10/15x Powerhouse so far.
My Amp Gurus are putting all new caps and tubes in the DB728 Power Amp with a couple of other tweaks to beef it up and help regulate the voltage evenly to every tube, but...
when that comes back - I'll be recording her into that - through an Aguilar DB680 Preamp with RE20 Mics.
They will be in front of the Mesa Cab mentioned above, as well as the custom Trace Elliot 4x12 Cab with Vintage Celestion 30's you see in the pic below.

I have to say, that in a world totally shitting and puking all over itself, this has brought something really special and meaningful... Maybe it's also part of the excitement of the "new-ness," but I'm pretty certain that I've got a new friend here and am looking forward to learning what we can do.

Just wanted to post up a couple of quick pics to share you guys, and to say, "thank you."
You really helped bring the GAS to the FIRE!
Well worth it in every way!!

Thanks Buzzard Bros~

Current Warwick Quiver...
[ View attachment 21723 View attachment 21722
wow - congratulations and enjoy that feeling as long as it lasts. You even have a gig bag and figured out the stand problem

Top Bottom