The Buzz-8 Or El 8uzztard?

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Being an impatientspoled kid inside out, I would already be dead.
I admire your patience. Of course, I understand the setback and the exceptionnal circumstances, no problem.
But that waiting.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Being an impatientspoled kid inside out, I would already be dead.
I admire your patience. Of course, I understand the setback and the exceptionnal circumstances, no problem.
But that waiting.
I have the other basses to play. The result is more important for me than the delivery date.

CeeJ

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@Hardy ... your 8 has enticed me and driven me to the edge... but you knew that this was coming and we talked about it.

I realized that it was time to take my frustrations out with what I really crave...

Another creative build session at the house of Warwick.
Today I finalized my new vision and ordered...

8 String Dolphin:

Grape Flavor / Solid Purple Transparent Satin
Solid Body AAA FLAME FRENCH ASH ( See Stuart Zander CS )en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Signature-Models--Stuart-Zender-Signature--Stuart-Zender-Signature--4-string--Pictures.html
W/ Vintage Style Sculpted Smooth Round - Arm Rest Bevel
Matching Headstock
Abalone “W” Headstock Logo
100% Wenge Neck w/ Symmetrical matching Zebra Wide Grain
Extra Slim Neck
Tiger Stripe Ebony Fretboard (Pale Moon like White & Black contrasting grain)
Satin Chrome Hardware
Schaller Tuners ( Satin Chrome w/ Small Metal Knobs)
Dunlop Recessed Strap-Locks.
Brushed Silver Satin - Standard J/TJ Pickups
2 Band Mec PreAmp

I almost went with Purple side only LEDs and a Trim Pot wired to be an ON/ OFF / Dimmer Dial,
but for some reason I just could not rationalize the additional $3,000.00 USD for twinkle twinkle little stars
and the dimmable brightness / power.
I might regret it, but the WALL of Sound will more than make up for it.

Completion Date: 01.20.22

Didn’t mean to hi-jack your thread or build, will eventually make one for mine as things start to happen... knew of all peeps that you would especially appreciate that I got this going and had to share !
Excited for yours to be coming brother, and that it was the catalyst for me to get over the math and just go for it and make a new one spec’d out from scratch,.
So again my friend... THANKS!

8 String Double Bass Jam coming Spring 2022!
The Sick’s and Pictures of Sound

Reaction score
Totally on board with that Dolphin, minus the fretboard woods.
Tigerstripe ebony is just a waste product they market as being even more special then normal ebony, while being the complete opposite.

But don't let my nitpicking get you down, awesome choice man!

CeeJ

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Totally on board with that Dolphin, minus the fretboard woods.
Tigerstripe ebony is just a waste product they market as being even more special then normal ebony, while being the complete opposite.

But don't let my nitpicking get you down, awesome choice man!
Nr.2.jpg

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@Hardy ... your 8 has enticed me and driven me to the edge... but you knew that this was coming and we talked about it.

I realized that it was time to take my frustrations out with what I really crave...

8 String Dolphin:

Solid Body AAA FLAME FRENCH ASH ( See Stuart Zander CS )en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Signature-Models--Stuart-Zender-Signature--Stuart-Zender-Signature--4-string--Pictures.html
Matching Headstock
Extra Slim Neck
Satin Chrome Hardware
2 Band Mec PreAmp

I almost went with Purple side only LEDs and a Trim Pot wired to be an ON/ OFF / Dimmer Dial,
but for some reason I just could not rationalize the additional $3,000.00 USD for twinkle twinkle little stars

Didn’t mean to hi-jack your thread or build, will eventually make one for mine as things start to happen... knew of all peeps that you would especially appreciate that I got this going and had to share !
Excited for yours to be coming brother, and that it was the catalyst for me to get over the math and just go for it and make a new one spec’d out from scratch,.

@CeeJ I had no time to answer before. I beg your pardon. My opinion about your project: YÄÄÄÄS SIRRR!!!! This is what I call a custom bass!!! The finish, the neck profile, the pus, the fretboard, the headstock logo, the body wood, the 8 strings!!! This is how you order your own bass! Completion date 01.20.22 - hehe! Whatever 01.20.22 means, just add two or three weeks now, harharhar!!! ROFL as ROFL can be!!!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@CeeJ I had no time to answer before. I beg your pardon. My opinion about your project: YÄÄÄÄS SIRRR!!!! This is what I call a custom bass!!! The finish, the neck profile, the pus, the fretboard, the headstock logo, the body wood, the 8 strings!!! This is how you order your own bass! Completion date 01.20.22 - hehe! Whatever 01.20.22 means, just add two or three weeks now, harharhar!!! ROFL as ROFL can be!!!
P.S.: PM me, ok!

CeeJ

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
IF that happens, like you say it's about the final product... not the wait! - Sending you PM in a moment...

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score

8 String Dolphin:

Matching Headstock
Extra Slim Neck
Satin Chrome Hardware
2 Band Mec PreAmp

Wow... that looks like a huge project. Congrats!

If you let me a little advice: please let's keep this thread to Hardy's Buzz8. That Dolphin deserves a separate thread. :)

Top Bottom