The Buzz-8 Or El 8uzztard?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I have two basses with steel frets: the Adam Clayton Reverso and the Corvette $$ 1968 edition. Since I also own the Corvette $$ „Black“ edition - which has brass frets - I can compare them. Means I will install the same strings and go for a personal check. One can never own too many Wicks! :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Come on now, you have a room full of Wicks. You know what the Warwick tone is. All but one or two (or all?) of your current collection have the standard brass frets, no? Stick with brass.

+1

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
I wonder how depleted uranium frets would sound... o_O

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Doesn't the Reverso have Brass frets ?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Doesn't the Reverso have Brass frets ?

2B10A798-3B84-495E-B692-07A37330C75A.jpeg
CC75B00E-ABC9-4649-B0BA-42123A40F443.jpeg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Zon's Manring Hyperbass has a bridge with detuning levers... Don't think any other manufacturers have such wild hardware tho...

Reaction score
Problem: the octave string must be positioned below the regular string so the main drop d tuner can be used without a banjo tuner in the way of the lever.

If you play mainly fingerstyle, I would imagine that this is actually an advantage and not a problem, as your fingers would hit the thin string first, and it would ring out more clearly. Or?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
If you play mainly fingerstyle, I would imagine that this is actually an advantage and not a problem, as your fingers would hit the thin string first, and it would ring out more clearly. Or?

This is only a training video, but here I test to add the octave string variably. I don’t know if I could manage this too when the strings are in the other positions.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I can only imagine one could have a lot of fun with a looper and an 8 string...

Oh, and... Subscribed!! ;)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I can only imagine one could have a lot of fun with a looper and an 8 string...

Oh, and... Subscribed!! ;)

Ok, my band is my looper, harhar! I just now start to use the 8 string in the band, first run went well!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
So, I was at Warwick HQ yesterday. At first Markus Spangler seemed a bit tired. That changed quickly, hehe!

Some details which we cleared: Yes, I´m going fretless there! I have my stunning 8 string and 10 Streamers. An 8 string fretless will add another sound to our band. And as you can check in the video below I train to play the main strings and the octave strings both or not. This I will develop further.

We also talked about a drop D tuner for 8 string basses. It would be possible but look clumsily. It would need two levers at the bridge. So no drop D.

The painter who will do the finish had some real crazy ideas. He will develop those ideas in a separate project. I want a graphic on the body top, otherwise the bass would look too sterile. We talked about this more than half an hour. It happened what I hoped for: both the designer and Markus started to develop idea after idea. I succeeded to spark their phantasies. Now let´s see what will happen!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What I did not decide yet: numbers & stars inlays yes or not. The bass will have LED quarter lines at the fretboard edge. This means it would be too loaded with additional LED inlays. Still I could keep the standard numbers and stars inlays. Or otherwise keep the fretboard plain and simple.

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
What I did not decide yet: numbers & stars inlays yes or not. The bass will have LED quarter lines at the fretboard edge. This means it would be too loaded with additional LED inlays. Still I could keep the standard numbers and stars inlays. Or otherwise keep the fretboard plain and simple.
Punisher skulls? Maybe just one large one at the octave?

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
HH inlays would be cool. Or H2, but the 2 is tiny...ya know, squared. Or maybe the silhouette of the Buzzard headstock. Or tiny Buzzards, sorta like the Dolphin.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
There will be a „bird of prey“ design on the top - or at least the ideas go this way. There could be a single buzzards claw at 12th fret?

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
There will be a „bird of prey“ design on the top - or at least the ideas go this way. There could be a single buzzards claw at 12th fret?
I would put the Bird of Prey Design on the 12th fret. The headstock will be to full with all those tuners... Or where do you want to put it exactly on the headstock?

What fretboard do you want to take? Classic Ebony or stuff like a steel fretboard?
A steel fretboard would fit quite nice to the chrome finish but will sound differently. Choose wisely ;)

Top Bottom