Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

The Batteries That Didn’t Leak- Bless Them

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by ectoflanger, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ectoflanger

ectoflanger Supporting Member

BA448118-2668-4638-9726-B0A8DAF58F95.jpeg 9667ABD5-E91C-422B-97E4-DF52532BA2FA.jpeg 2B5604DC-1843-42AC-A378-668FF6E08925.jpeg

I finished my damage control inspection and inventory of older and semi-anachronistic music devices and there were three more that I left the batteries for just about the same time period as the Tascam DP008 and Zoom H4N.

They were a Korg Monotron handheld synth, the Korg Pandora PX4, and a Tascam iXZ guitar/mic interface.

None of the batteries leaked and I mean not a hint of gassing or leakage ... and such mainstream battery brands as Golden Power, Fujitsu, and Maxell. I had a Fujitsu laptop made in Japan that never died and know about Maxell recording media that had a stellar reputation in the 70’s but know nothing about Golden Power other than they were made in China. But they did better than Energizer and Duracell that have ruined or damaged at least three devices that I’ve had at home or work.

I thought about mailing in my Zoom to Duracell with a letter urging them to merge with Energizer (if they already hadn’t) because they could have the same tag line- “The battery that keeps leaking, leaking, and leaking....”

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    RIP likes this.
  2. RIP

RIP California U.S.A. Good Vibe Sponsor

Good piece of info there Ecto......I never seen a battery review before from actual user.....until now :)

ectoflanger likes this.
  3. ectoflanger

Thank you for the kind words, RIP!

That day a guitarist friend said that he used rechargeable batteries and I decided to give it a go myself. Yesterday I ordered a Fujitsu AA/AAA battery charger and some batteries on the strength of my good experience with that company.

RIP and Stainless like this.
  4. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    I use the Maxell and am quite happy with them :) I never had leaking problems with them.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    ectoflanger likes this.
  5. ectoflanger

They must be more commonly sold in Europe than here in the U.S. where the two primary brands are Duracell and Energizer.

Stainless likes this.
  6. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    Yes i always buy them at Thomann, to go over the volume of 20€ to save the shipping cost ;)
    Fun Fact: They actually come from Japan and belong to Hitachi Maxell, Ltd. Japan.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. ectoflanger

No wonder they don’t leak!