Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Thank you Mister custom shop

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by Dreamwood, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Dreamwood

Dreamwood

Hi everyone , i just bought a marvellous streamer stage 1 6 string from matbss6.The bass is just wonderfull and i' m very happy with it.The only problem is that there is Matthew Name plate on it and i would like to change it with my own name.So i ask the Mister custom shop if thy could send me a new plate with my name But they answer me that next time i should have bought the bass directly from them.
    Very fair answer don't you think to a guy who own 3 warwick and 1 custom shop thumb. :evil:

2. Patrik

Patrik

Hmm, I think the Custom Shop is right in this case even if it was put in a kind of a rude way. The bass was made according to the specifications of the initial buyer and thus his name was on it. They are not responsible for changing the name plate on CS basses as they change owner.

The name plate is not that expensive to change. I got a quote for 100€ to replace a name plate on the 24th fret. I might even do it my self and save the money ...

3. Dreamwood

Dreamwood

You misunderstound me , of course i want to pay for it , but they just don't want to sell one to me .That's why i'm mad about it.

4. Patrik

Patrik

Hey Dreamwood,

I believe you can get an inlay made from a local dealer for a better price. I don't think the Custom Shop will deal with such "small inquiries" such as sending out individual name plates. What you're asking for is an individual thing. It's another thing with standard stuff like JAN but the piece you are asking fore requires setting up machines just for that piece as you want your name on there.

Seriously ... consider a local luthier ... will be cheaper!!!

5. Dreamwood

Dreamwood

For sure you are right , but i'm leaving in a small city out of nowhere in south of france and i though it will be easier and more sure to ask warwick directly .But i was WRONG. :evil:

6. Snooze

Snooze

it's all about brand awareness and quality assurance - the custom shop doesn't send out custom shop feature products when they have no chance of knowing the end result will be 110% great and properly done.

even if an instrument is already sold and paid for, it's still a matter of knowing that the name Warwick is synonymous with quality - that they still care for their products even when they're out there being played by people all over the world, and that would go pretty bad together with them sending out stuff that could easily be installed wrong or really bad or whatever. i'm not saying you couldn't do it as great as they could, but THEY wouldn't know for sure.

and even if that might sound really frustrating, i'd say it feels very comfortable knowing that i play an instrument that is so much more than profit to a company.

7. Snooze

Snooze

oh, and if you tell us where you live exactly, perhaps someone here on the forum could help you locate a good luthier close by that could help you out! plenty of helpful people on this board! :)

8. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

There's a great inlay artist in Vietnam called Brian Wei.He has a big ebay store & makes & sells a wide variety of inlays & is reasonably priced.If you're that vain & really want this name plate changed,he can help with the plate but you'll still need someone to fit it.
    Personally,I wouldnt undo anything Warwick did.

9. anarchyok

anarchyok

1. Just tell everyone the bass is called Matthew. He prefers not to be called Matt.
    2. Tell everyone it is a custom shop "Matthew" signature model
    3. Tell everyone you couldn't decided on a fave bible verse so just listed a whole book of it.
    4. Tell everyone Matthew is the name of the guy who stole you're wallet back in 1990 and you want to remember his name so when you find him, you can give him whats coming to him....

Insert more anecdotes...

10. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

If I had a stage 1 like that I would'nt care if the name plate said,"Dickhead at Work" on it. :lol:
    It's a very minor detail on such a fantastic bass Dreamwood,I'm sure your love for the feel & tone will more than make up for the name plate.
    Jono,my anecdote material is D grade at best so I'll spare ya's the torment.

11. Warwick_rocks

Warwick_rocks

Just slap a sticker on it :lol:

12. ThirdthumB

ThirdthumB

5. Matthew is your hamster who got ran over by a car when you were ten.
    6. It's actually "Maht-thew", which is Hebrew for "well hung".

Uhmmmm, that's it for now. :lol:

13. anarchyok

anarchyok

Bahaha. Love it.

Just remember, Matthew is a heck of a lot nicer than having Gertrude on your bass. Apologies to any Gertrudes...

14. TravisMoore

TravisMoore

Why not go to a luthier like the guy who makes sei basses in London?

I'm sure he would do a great job on it.

15. Lex

Lex Warwick Endorser

+ infinity on that one

Martin @ The Gallery will do such a good job you wouldn't know it was there in the first place.

16. TravisMoore

TravisMoore

Yea also I'm sure that is what MarkBass suggested when selling the bass, He said he got quoted £50 (i think) by martin from bass gallery.