Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Tech 21 Vt Bass 500

Average User Rating:
4.5/5,
  1. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

I have experience only with SA BDDI, how would you comapre it's sound to BDDI?
    Thanks!

3. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

It is like comparing a b7k od with a vintage microtubes. Much more colouration of your tone, with ballsy low end. If you want to keep your current tone a BDDI is probably better. This amp clearly just emulates Ampeg amplifiers.

Of course having the blend knob allows you to dial in more ultra clean tone. The more vintage tone works great for me though, especially when grabbing the Precision or the Rickenbacker.

Florin and Nachobassman like this.
  4. Shelby Jansen

Shelby Jansen

I bought one of these, wiring was dud from the factory which I guess was just unlucky so I never got to properly try mine out, but I did like the sound when I eventually got to try one in a store though (with the $$ I bought when I went amp shopping.. always happens haha!)

Eventually got the VT Bass DI pedal instead, good tone, but with the $$ it was too much for my liking and I went back to using the darkglass vintage deluxe . If I came across another one of these secondhand I'd probably grab it.

5. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

I´ve been a Sansamp user (and abuser) since 2001 and I´d love to have one of this amps. planning to get one "for Christmas". :)