Teambuilt Vs. Rockbass Hardware

Reaction score
Real Name
Rehan
Does anyone know if the hardware that is used on the TeamBuilt models is the same as the hardware on the RockBass models?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Once upon a time it used to be the same. But now the expensive Wicks sport super expensive bridges routed from solid brass.

Reaction score
Real Name
Rehan
Once upon a time it used to be the same. But now the expensive Wicks sport super expensive bridges routed from solid brass.

That I knew about the Masterbuilt basses...;)

But I was wondering about Teambuilt vs. Rockbass since neither the Team or Rock has the brass bridge, brass nut, or wooden tuners…:) …nor bronze frets for that matter...

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
That I knew about the Masterbuilt basses...;)

But I was wondering about Teambuilt vs. Rockbass since neither the Team or Rock has the brass bridge, brass nut, or wooden tuners…:) …nor bronze frets for that matter...

They should be the same Rehan. But why do you ask?

Reaction score
For some reason, when i bought black Hardware for my Corvette last Year (Thomann), 2 screws for adjusting Bridge was few mm shorter than "original" and not long enough, so i used those screws from "original" Bridge.
Just a thought, so if someone is going to replace Bridge, be prepare to use old screws if needed and not sell old Bridge before instaling new one
;)

Luckily, all are black :)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I will swap hardware on my Stryker, let´s see how it works out!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The full brass bridges are ridiculously expensive. I mean really outrageously overpriced. You pay hundreds of euros for a bass bridge only. Get the cheap cast one, there is no audible difference as the mass of a bridge has zero impact on tone.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Get the cheap cast one, there is no audible difference as the mass of a bridge has zero impact on tone.

I am not sure about that, mate! I had a beautiful 87 streamer with Schaller 3D bridge, and the base plate was not original, but made of wood. I bought the original base plate, so the mass increased, and It was a pretty noticeable difference. Also I owned some Fenders, and I switched the bridge to badass, and back to standard and it was a difference.
But there is nothing wrong with the cheaper cast Warwick bridges, I owned quite a few with them, and they were great.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
I made the same experience when I swapped the bridge of a Squier.
I would say the bridge, the nut and the tuners (descending order) have more audible difference than swapping the wood(same weight, but a different sort of wood).

I am not sure about that, mate! I had a beautiful 87 streamer with Schaller 3D bridge, and the base plate was not original, but made of wood. I bought the original base plate, so the mass increased, and It was a pretty noticeable difference. Also I owned some Fenders, and I switched the bridge to badass, and back to standard and it was a difference.
This would be a nice idea to mod the Wick. Just different material for the base plate.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
@Robby Zhang
For those of you how don't know how to check if the bridge is cast or full brass.
If there are those marks on it, it is a cast bridge.
bridge.png

Florin

OG
Reaction score
If you find a good deal, it doesn't really matter that much if it is cast or brass. I swapped them and A/B'd a bass, I don't think I heard a difference. Warwick Bridge is massive even if it is cast.
You should pay attention to it only if you have a broadneck or a 6 strings Warwick, the bridge is wider, so it can bend in the middle. Other than this, I've never seen major issues.
Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Real Name
Rehan
Since the time I started this thread, I have learned that I definitely hear and feel a difference between the cast and brass bridge. I have also compared cast vs. brass in two of my Warwick basses and ended up liking the brass better.

Don’t get me wrong. It is not a night and day difference. The cast bridge still sounds great. But in my experience, each note has more clarity and definition with the brass bridge. Even acoustically without plugging in, I feel more resonance of the bass. Also the low end, especially on the low strings, sounds bigger with more impact and more ballsy with the brass in my experience. Keep in mind that I am a tone freak and pay attention to every last detail of my sound.

In my case, all 11 of my current Warwick basses have brass bridges, including 2 that I swapped from cast to brass bridges because I found a good deal on a b-stock one and also a used one. I now specifically seek out used Custom Shop Warwicks that were made in or after 2013 because they come stock with brass bridges.

Some people hear and feel the difference and some people do not. Obviously, if you don’t hear a difference then you will not want to spend the extra money to upgrade > and that is ok. Because as I said before, the Warwick cast bridge is still great and sounds better than a lot of other bass bridges in the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom