Stuart Zender's troubles with Warwick

Reaction score
Who's mum ate what on myspace?

Man, talk about off topic!

Reaction score
+1

Sometimes touchy subjects need a little levity to keep everyone from getting nutty. You just have to know when to stop. That's a little ironic coming from one of the people that sidetracked this thread. I mean no disrespect to anyone else that a pertinent point to make.

Glad things seem to be better now.

Reaction score
ah! wonderful news! i was torn between my loyalty to stuart, & warwick.. *at peace now*

Reaction score
that's quite strange, how fast people's opinion changes.

when the SZ signature came out, everyone was drooling over it, and praising the "bass god" SZ.

then, SZ said something on facebook that some didn't want to hear, and people got upset. SZ was a guy that needed money, and stuff like that. he wasn't the bass god anymore, but some kid trying to bash warwick.

now, that they sorted it out somehow, everything is cool again. SZ is the cool bass player again.

just imagine, tm stevens or jonas hellborg have some problems with warwick some day, then norwood fisher would be the only bass god in this forum ;-)
let's hope norwood fisher doesn't get an endorsement.... :lol:

oh, by the way:
in case you speak german, maybe you want to read this.

if this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it.

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Well Stu has always been and will always be one of my heroes.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
The thing about heroes and 'bass gods' is they're human. They share the same problems as most of us and in some cases these problems are heightened. The unfortunate things for heroes is they are treated as such, and surrounded by people that hang off their every word. This makes it pretty difficult to overcome problems.

When Stu posted those words on his Facebook page, I was disappointed but not surprised. We all want our heroes to succeed but often in reality it's a different picture; it's hard for some of us to accept that someone like Stuart Zender could possibly be frustrated with Warwick, let alone be evicted. But guys, the reality is the music business has never been tougher... it's hard enough to make a living while you're WORKING let alone if you've been somewhat off the map for 10+ years. Music doesn't make millionaires often, and when you're paying the rent and looking after a family that money doesn't stretch too far.

I think the thing that disappointed me the most were the people who came out and just started slamming Warwick, telling the "bastards to f**k off" and all other kinds of hate. I wonder what they're saying now that Stu's done an about face and is once again praising the big W. Things like Facebook and forums give everyone the freedom to offer opinion; a lot of the time though its posted without research or thought.

Cheers

Lex

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
+1 Lex, we sometimes forget that our heroes are human...and as you say, when you are in the spotlight your human mistakes/flaws tend to be exaggerated. I can totally understand where he is coming from though, I have been frustrated about getting nowhere since I graduated from high school, I see all my friends doing something meaningful and here I am stuck studying where I don't wanna be.

Reaction score
All the way through this, i'm just thinking...

You get a free £4000 bass, i assume you'll get a backup or two for nothing...
You get a load more exposure than you would, as people are reminded of your great early back catalogue, which in turn means some royalties...
You're being given this honour on the back of former glories...

And, in all honesty, I personally dream of the day a major manufacturer offers me a signature model, you can't buy that kind of accolade, or the feeling of that pride.

Plus, would Stuart still be being evicted had Warwick not offered him this signature bass? Probably.
Did he sign the contract thinking he'd see more out of it, possibly.

I'm a big SZ fan, i love his work across the board, I admire him and envy his talents. But I doubt Warwick not paying him 'per bass' has anything to do with his Eviction.

I look after my Mortgage payment before anything else. And i paid my Rent before I paid anything else when i rented. I've struggled to make ends meet, but surely someone with his name and Caliber could turn his 'brand' into cash easily.

And if someone else is posting on his behalf, he needs to be more savvy about the people he has around him.

EDIT! - I didn't see page two, seems my last statement works out for the best. Still, i thought i'd leave my two penneth up here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Agree with you completely Andy. I'd say Warwick's investment in this is more than you've stated.

One thing I will say — Stu and I share the same manager. He's a great guy and does an amazing job, and he had nothing to do with the Facebook statements.

Reaction score
he had nothing to do with the Facebook statements.

well, if this is true, i would suggest to delete this topic.
case closed, and why should anyone read stuff about warwick or SZ that are not true ?

Reaction score
that's quite strange, how fast people's opinion changes.

when the SZ signature came out, everyone was drooling over it, and praising the "bass god" SZ.

then, SZ said something on facebook that some didn't want to hear, and people got upset. SZ was a guy that needed money, and stuff like that. he wasn't the bass god anymore, but some kid trying to bash warwick.

now, that they sorted it out somehow, everything is cool again. SZ is the cool bass player again.

just imagine, tm stevens or jonas hellborg have some problems with warwick some day, then norwood fisher would be the only bass god in this forum ;-)
let's hope norwood fisher doesn't get an endorsement.... :lol:

oh, by the way:
in case you speak german, maybe you want to read this.

if this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it.

Norwood has been endorsing Warwick for a very long time mate.
Re.the link to that media article has been posted here twice,been discussed,put to bed,given it's last rights & the rest is history.
If you go back & read this entire thread all the way through,you'll hopefully see why things panned out the way they did,& reconsider calling us a bunch of fickle suck ups.;)

Reaction score
well, if this is true, i would suggest to delete this topic.
case closed, and why should anyone read stuff about warwick or SZ that are not true ?

We avoid deleteing topics at all costs dude.
It's a permanent record of what's gone down,& can be referred to in future by new & old members alike.To delete it is to deny it ever happened.
SZ has been here & read this thread,& it's only fair for all concerened that it remains.

Reaction score
reconsider calling us a bunch of fickle suck ups.;)

well, you consider yourself one of those, greg, or why is it that you take offence ?

i feel like people, who show negative aspects of the warwick company, are a thorn in the side of this forum.

Reaction score
well, you consider yourself one of those, greg, or why is it that you take offence ?

i feel like people, who show negative aspects of the warwick company, are a thorn in the side of this forum.

I actually was in agreement with you.
You pointed out the fact that the overall collective attitude changed,so I thought the term,"fickle suckups"would be a more light hearted approach.
Sometimes my attempts at humour,are missunderstood for being hostile,rude,arrogant,sarcastic etc.
Trust me when I tell you that I dont come here every day for going on 4 years because I dont like this forum,& you guys.Now let's have a cuddle,yeah?

Last edited by a moderator:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Sometimes ♣♣♣♣ happens.
The important thing is that we (at least I) love Zender's playing, and we (at least I) love the SZ bass, waiting for a 5 strings model...
SZ said he loved Hans Peter, and I could see that at Frankfurt this year, they were always together, like some old and special friends.

I am happy they are cool now, so let's leave it this way. The affordable signature series will kick ass!

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
There will be 5-string, but not a german built one as I have understood it.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
But not China made either...

I am not sure about the 5 strings model, but I would really like to have one...

Reaction score
These new affordable models aren't going to make my wallet happy!

Top Bottom