Stuart Zender's troubles with Warwick

Reaction score
i must be the first "non sz fan" writting here...
i once had a big problem with fender ( to be more precise a fender dealer ), they didn't respond in a conclusive manner to my mails, phonecalls, so i've asked a simple question in a forum and magic happened... my problem was solved in a few weeks ( and the guy stopped being a fender dealer )!
but this is a diferent case... if he thinks warwick cheated on him, that's why they invented legal actions for... if he signed what he thinks, now, is a bad deal he should have consulted someone before... trying to trash a company over the net it's not a solution.

Curtis

Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)
Reaction score
I think HP always keeps his word.
Does SZ says this or his manager-dude? I think he also posts under SZ's name.

Reaction score
IMO, I think he would make more royalties on a cheaper model that teenagers all the way up to pros would/could buy.

A lot of people that can afford a Ferrari, buy a Volkswagen instead, know what I'm sayin'?

Reaction score
has stu ever heard of reading contracts before signing?

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
The first "official" move is the removal of any pics of the SZ signature on Warwick's homepage... :confused:

Reaction score
SZ

This is what I would expect from SZ. :(( He's a jerk, and has displayed this in the past. He's struggling and refuses to take responsibility for his own problems. Sounds like he needs a day job! On the other hand HPW is no doubt a sharp negotiator and has made a deal which favors him... I would expect nothing less, that is business. Just my 2 cents. I prefer Nick Fyffe's playing and sound anyway. ;)

Reaction score
I urge everyone here to hold up and remember that every story has 2 sides. The posts on FACEBOOK are incredible, do people not sit back and take a listen to both sides before putting there name to a comment they make with out thinking ?

With regards to the “Cheaper Model”. During 2010, not in January at NAMM Warwick will release another series of SIG basses. These are not ROCKBASS models either. All the artists will have them as well as some surprise new signings.

IN pondering all this lets ask do we see Jack Bruce, P-Nut, Jonas Hellborg or TM Stevens Jumping up and down like SZ? They have all have the same Agreements.

IN addition the Design is not 100% by SZ, it was a collaboration between Marcus Spangler of Warwick and SZ.

IN time the truth will rise to the top.

Over and Out.

Last edited by a moderator:

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score

i must be the first "non sz fan" writting here...

Don't let it bug ya.

I never heard of him m'selves ....

But then, I live inside the "PK Bubble" ....

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Nay... I meant on the main page, there are pics scrolling... The pic with Zender is gone. I know that the SZ sig page is still up !

Reaction score
Well known bass player getting evicted? Sounds like no one will work with him. From those Fart Book quotes, I have to ponder, why?

Reaction score
Nay... I meant on the main page, there are pics scrolling... The pic with Zender is gone. I know that the SZ sig page is still up !

Oh,right.Sorry mate.:x

Reaction score
Actually, three sides to all argument/disputes... HIS side, Their side and the TRUTH. And yes I'm sure that SZ's post on a very public site make him at the very least unprofessional.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
In this interview...

...that "Bass Musician Magazine" published only two months ago, Stu Zender is (still) very positive about his cooperation with Warwick...:

- " I've been with Warwick for ages, I initially was with Gibson and I got put back in contact with Warwick, they were just so... I mean they couldn't jump high enough, so... it's not that huge of a company, so you don't get lost in the woodwork, pardon the pun..."

- " I never got any deals out of it; I just got free basses and stuff like that. This one was a bit of a labor of love, we eventually got it out, and we're bringing out a more affordable version next year..."

- " Warwick's factory is amazing, there's a lot of time taken on each instrument. The guy that owns it, he pretty much knows every bass that's come out of there..."

:confused:

Now imho there's only one thing that could've completely changed Stu's opinion about Warwick so rapidly... da filthy lucre :(

Attachments

• stuart-zender-oct09-3.jpg
    stuart-zender-oct09-3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom