Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Stu and the Zender Signature

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by [wolfman], Jun 3, 2009.

1. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

I might be blind, but i cant find any pics or vids of Stu actually playing his signature model, i was just interested in how it looks with him playing it.

Have i missed something?

2. Lex

Lex Warwick Endorser

check the Warwick news page matey, there's some video from Musikmesse of Stu playing

3. Curtis

Curtis Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)

And check the exclusive interview at the cafe with Zender about his bass!

4. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

Zender Bass

Is there any word on when the Zender bass will go on sale in the US or at what price? It's so beautiful!

Ron

5. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hey Ronald, ask a Warwick dealer from US. He will give you the price too, and I think you can already order it.

6. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

Zender Bass

Hi Florin, thanks for getting back to me!
    I called Hanser Music in Kentucky, USA and they said they have only one of these basses already. It is item # FZS4NTAAOFNBK. The List price is $6000 USD!! OUCH!!

Peace,

Ron

7. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

A dealer will give you a lower price than that.
    $6000 is just the maximum price a dealer can charge.
    Haggle.

8. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

Zender Bass

Hi Greg,

I just gave the reference number to Rob Morales from the Manchester GC. I sure hope the price gets cut to 1/4 of that $6000! Thanks for the info on pricing. While I was in there with my wife I saw this $$ from 2004 in red oil. It was all beat up and had a lot of scratches from belt rash. I couldn't resist and I bought it as a project ($749). I wonder why people tear up a nice instrument. I guess it puts me out of the running for anything else from GC for awhile :-( I just have this thing about restoring instruments I guess. Gentlemen: the Zender has escaped my clutches--it's all yours. :)

9. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

Hi Greg,

I just heard on TalkBass that signature basses will be made in China. Is this true? It seems that the signature bass should be at a higher quality than what I have seen from China lately. Perhaps this person is wrong-and I don't want to start a rumor, but thank God I didn't bite on the signature basses if this is correct. This is the quote from Talk Bass.

"In Australia,where I live,the Pino Palladino signature Fender is $6000 list.With this bass you get no neck thru construction,no active electronics or pickups,no fancy woods or hardware.You basically get a red P-bass with Pino's name on it.Now I'm a Pino fan from way back,but I aint payin 6 grand for his bass in a fit.I mention this to give some perspective on the signature bass market.imho,signature models are simply an excersize in marketing.They're not made for the masses.It's simply advertising.
    Warwick recently decided to relocate production of all signature models basses to their Rockbass factory in China,meaning a significant decrease in their price.
    Cheers guys."

Thanks for your input!

10. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Yo Ronald.
    The quote from talkbass is me mate.:lol:
    I'm Humpy Thumb on talkbass.;)
    I wouldnt at all be concerned with quality,& these are signature basses were talking about here.Other than the P-nut basses & a few Jack Bruces,how many signature basses do you see out there?Very very few.In my experience,this forum has seen 2 signature basses owned by members,that werent P-nuts.Signature basses,apart from being a huge nod of approval for the player,are mainly advertising.
    The RB factory in China,is equipped with the same machinery that's used at the German factory.In alot of cases,the very same.Machinery that's built Warwicks in Germany,is sometimes shipped off to China to build Rockbasses.Warwick update their machinery when there's improvements.It's kinda like their policy,to use state of the art machinery.
    Cheers bud.:)

11. Doog

Doog

Does this mean the Buzzard JE will be made in China? If so will that come down in price quite a bit? There may yet be one in my future.

12. Florin

It means we will have entry level versions of the sig basses made in CHina too.
    The real ones will still be made in Germany .

13. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

SIG Basses

Hi Greg,

I am sorry if I stepped on someone's toes here. It was NOT my intention to do so since am a beginner bassist, one who has played for many years for fun NOT professionally as the majority of you guys do, but with a CD player to drive my dog crazy. I came here to learn from you guys, but, you can imagine that I SUPPOSED there might be a quality issue especially regarding the fact that a GC employee told me the bass would sell for around $4500-$4700 USD. The reason that I inquired about the bass was that I thought it was a beautiful, radical design departure from the five Warwick basses that I have owned. I guess that is naive to think they were made in the same country since it didn't say "Rockbass" on it from the picture that I saw. Are there two versions of the Zender design--one German and one Asian? Will it say "Rockbass" on it? (REF: Florin's comment above.) Thanks again for your input.

Peace,

Ron :x

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  14. Florin

Ron, the Asian versions of the sig Warwicks are not yet available. Not this year.

15. Ronald Torrito

Ronald Torrito

SIG Basses

Hi Florin,

Thanks for the input, Florin. As usual, you are a fountain of knowledge with all things Warwick! Good luck on moving your family away from Budapest too. I hope everything works out well for you and your family.

Peace,

Ron

16. Florin

If you are a world famous rock star, the easiest way to make a stadium in Bucharest to go BOOOOO! is to start with:
    Good evening Budapest!!!
    It happens all the time :)

Thanks buddy, I am already in SIbiu, enjoying my new life.

17. Doog

Doog

Will there be Asian versions of ALL the sig basses, or just the new ones released this year? I'd love a JE Buzzard.

18. Florin

As far as I know, all the sig basses will have a chinese version. But.. you know... we have to wait and see.

19. Curtis

Curtis Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)

Chinese versions of all the Sig basses would be great! But I don't think Strykers and Buzzards will come cheaper too.

Stu talks about making a RockBass signature in his forum members interview on this forum!

20. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

So far I've heard both.
    That sig basses will be built in China & that in addition to the regular German built sig basses,there will be versions built in China.
    Like Flo said,we'll just have to wait & see eh.