stryker...

Reaction score
anyone played one?

do the pickup placement make it kinda boomy??? what is it like. this week i've suddenly got a thing for the ziricote stryker :wink:

Reaction score
Dunno, but ive been getting a thing for buzzards ever since i had a dream that i owned one...

Reaction score
Check it out: [video=youtube;IfDE-ZvfOwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDE-ZvfOwU[/video]

jay

Reaction score
He was the coolest man on the planet...

Reaction score
Stryker ??

Not my cuppa tea; I think Oliver played one (obviously); I believe he was pretty impressed.
I'm sure he'll comment on this topic, as soon as he's finished hugging his new CS Infinity...................in a week or so.................(not sure if he's got it already though) :lol:

O

odominguez

Yes, I played one at NAMM, really impressed with the sound very similar to the buzzard bass, really punchy and defined on the mids, probably a lot more than in any other bass i have ever seen or heard in my life. The only thing I don't realy like is the body shape, but for that Warwick gave us the Infinity, right?

Reaction score
does it have a really boomy bassy sound? im thinking thiis because of the positioning of the lower string parts of the p pickups.

oli...is it possible to get a 5 string version made at th custom shop if i have it with the normal warwick headstock?

O

odominguez

Stroud said:
does it have a really boomy bassy sound? im thinking thiis because of the positioning of the lower string parts of the p pickups.

oli...is it possible to get a 5 string version made at th custom shop if i have it with the normal warwick headstock?

As far as I know we can't. But ask the custom shop directly about this one, they might actually be able to do create this bass.

Reaction score
I bet the mahogany stryker sustains for centurys...

Good thing I can spell...

Reaction score
hey oli how growly is it?

i think saga got in touch with the CS and said they could do it with the standard headstock

Reaction score
SSII 6 string and Dolphin Pro 6 string are basses that couldn't be made by the CS in the past. Now they can. I think it's just a matter of time that the CS will make a 5 string Stryker as well.................keep your fingers crossed.................. :wink:

Reaction score
ahh here it is

this is a quote from saga

"Got mail from CS.. (very fast!)

They can't do a stryker 5 string, because of the head design... But they could do it with the regular head design.."

Reaction score
Stroud said:
ahh here it is

They can't do a stryker 5 string, because of the head design... But they could do it with the regular head design.."

......Bingo..............

it can be done, albeit, with a regular head............... :twisted:

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Stroud said:
ahh here it is

:( i just got a reply from the custom shop and they said they couldn't do it

however they did say that they are sure by 2008 it will be possible

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
It gives you a bit more time to spare some money :D

O

odominguez

Stroud said:
hey oli how growly is it?

Very growly... trust me I was totally impressed by the sound of this instrument, it has a lot of character an d stands out wherever you play at.

Reaction score
Stroud said:
ThirdthumB said:
Stroud said:
ahh here it is

:( i just got a reply from the custom shop and they said they couldn't do it

however they did say that they are sure by 2008 it will be possible

.......Uhhhh.............Bingo again.............

it can be done, albeit, with a regular head............... in 2008 8)

Reaction score
hey oli (again...for the last time i promise :wink: ) does the stryker sound warwickish??? if you get what i mean

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my Stryker today !

and you can see it also on the Warwick.de website (on the Custom Shop page) ! I am 100% sure that is MY one - the wood looks exactely the same (on the front and back), black hardware, yinyang inlays

I'll will make a shot later from my Stryker and you can check and compare. (not needed anymore - it's the same, no doubts, the website mentioned my serial number !!! (D-134 554-07)

The sound is fantastic !

Reaction score
Chris61 said:
Hi,

I got my Stryker today !

and you can see it also on the Warwick.de website (on the Stryker product page) ! I am 100% sure that is MY one - the wood looks exactely the same (on the front and back), black hardware, yinyang inlays...

I'll will make a shot later from my Stryker and you can check and compare.

The sound is fantastic !

Mate congrats!!!! You're a very rare Stryker poster here!!! Keep posting your experiences. The forum is lacking Stryker stuff.

Top Bottom