Streamer Stage 1 - 5-string (1990)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pretty heartbroken but, after promising that I wouldn't sell my Warwicks after calling it quits in the "moosik biz", Life has got in the way and I have to sell my dream bass.

All the details are in the eBay listing;

It's a beautiful instrument and I'm so sad to be selling it, but it needs to go to someone that will play it. For now I'll be keeping my Thumb BO5.

Any questions please ask :)

Reaction score
I don't have any decent photos of the bass on it's own (the photos on ebay we're kinda taken to show the defects as clearly as possible lol), but these give a good idea on how the bass looks in the flesh;

It's quite strange. Depending on the light and the angle, sometimes you see the grain (like the first photos) and sometimes you see the flaming (second photo).

860653_432150580194511_761256512_o.jpg 1146801_507219002687668_1370190186_o.jpg

Kev

Reaction score
Lovely Lovely. How much are you looking for, and what does it weigh?

Reaction score
I don't know specifically how much mine weighs. Current SS1's apparently weigh 4.5 kilos. Even with the different woods, I assume the weight will be similar.

Concerning price, I'm very out of touch with second hand prices these days. It's been too many years since I lived on this forum. I bought the bass for between 1100 and 1200 maybe 4 isn years ago as far as I remember, so I think I'll be looking for something similar.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
What happened Alex, how to quit? DOn't full yourself :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Alex is doing some excellent stuff with different toys with lenses n all these days. He will at some time pick up playing bass again, guaranteed (but he isn't fully aware of this yet). His gut feeling did force him to hang on to the Thumb BO somehow so deep down inside the urge to hit stages is and will be lurking. ;)

Great bass. I used to own one but sold it to some silly french forum person. Of all wicks this one is the jack of all trades, fit for any type of music and playing style. The broad neck is so very comfortable.

Good luck selling it Alex!

Reaction score
To be honest, I doubt I'll ever sell the Thumb. It means a lot to me but it also got quite battered in the course of the band so I probably wouldn't get much for it anyway.

I recently got the music bug though (1 year hiatus proves to be enough). Got myself a cheap classical acoustic and am learning some finger style and will start on some flamenco when I'm a bit better. Maybe one day I'll get a looper and mix the acoustic and bass. It's strange playing an instrument with no "responsibilities" or "obligations". I'm not in a band where I need to play at a high level, it's relaxing. 100% pleasure now.

Florin, I wasn't feeling great in the music scene for a couple of years. I'll always be a creative person but I felt more at home in video production. I'm running my own video production company now and we're filming a pilot episode for a TV series (sic-fi version of Robin Hood).

If your interested;

https://www.facebook.com/hoodtvseries

I'm DOP and doing all the post work.

BTW, 10 more posts DiMarco and you overtake me ;) haha

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Intersting about you mentioning about playing with no "responsabilities" it means "no presuure" :) I am experiencing this myself since I bought an old Fender amp and a strat, and I am playing them even 7-8 hours a day :)) Of course I have no idea how to play the damn thing, but youtube is my friend. :)
Checking Hood now!

Reaction score
greetings you still have this excellent instrument?
since the auction was closed on ebay two days ago?

Top Bottom