Streamer Ssii String Recommendation

Reaction score
Hey everyone-
I recently snagged a 93 SSII 4 which sounds awesome as-is with roundwounds. Does anyone use strings that are less bright? What I mean is..its a bit challenging to tame the brightness on the fly(yes I know bass eq/amp eq does help) and was wondering if anyone has a string recommendation thats "in-between." My goal is to make it my main axe, like my old jazz that had flats but I know flats on a Warwick seems to be taboo to some, AND I really dont want flats on this bass anyway. I still want the nice slap sound the SSII has but would like to mellow it down for certain songs..I have a new set of GHS Pressurewounds so I thought about those maybe? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Hey everyone-
I recently snagged a 93 SSII 4 which sounds awesome as-is with roundwounds. Does anyone use strings that are less bright? What I mean is..its a bit challenging to tame the brightness on the fly(yes I know bass eq/amp eq does help) and was wondering if anyone has a string recommendation thats "in-between." My goal is to make it my main axe, like my old jazz that had flats but I know flats on a Warwick seems to be taboo to some, AND I really dont want flats on this bass anyway. I still want the nice slap sound the SSII has but would like to mellow it down for certain songs..I have a new set of GHS Pressurewounds so I thought about those maybe? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Flats rock on any Wick :) - you need 2 SS2 1 with rounds and 1 with flats ;)

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Fender 9050 and d'addarios on all Wicks but 3 : bleached blonde, Streamer '88 and Nobby '83 where rounds are better for M.Miller slap, or Flea style

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
SS2 - I would use Optima Gold strings.

Top Bottom