Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Streamer Cv Pickup Questions

Discussion in 'Bass Pickups & Electronics' started by Michael J, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Michael J

Michael J

Hey Everyone,

Curious about replacing pickups in a Streamer CV. Not sure if I will, but curious. Is it standard Warwick where you need a L/L set or do you just go for standard Fender specs?

Thanks,

2. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

From measuring photos it looks like the CV is following Fender specs and does not sport the regular L/L Warwick layout.
    I am not 100% certain though - you will have to measure to make sure. There seemingly is no information whatsoever available online about this.

But rest assured the passive MEC pickups on the CV are by no means as modern or hi-fi sounding as their active counterpart. They are responsive, lively and clear sounding.
    If you do choose to try other pickups: I was absolutely stunned by the vibrant tone I got from the Jason Lollar J pickups I had on my Fender Jazz.

Michael J likes this.
  3. Michael J

Michael J

Thanks! Yeah I was surprised at the complete lack of information on the topic. I like the pickups, will probably keep 'em but GAS had me thinking of the Bartolini B Axis pickups...