Strange Vintage P-Bass Pickup

Reaction score
Hi,
during my new refurbishing project i was wondered about the class of P-Bass Pickup that the japanese has build in.
It has 3 wires connected to the circuity and not 2 as common used :(
SO far as i can see, theres are 2 hot wires and one ground wire.

anybody have seen this or i am wrong ?

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pics?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Odd. Someone must have wanted seperate tone/vol on each individual pickup side? There goes noise cancelling.

Reaction score
Here is a picture:
dbb6yqau.jpg

i dont know if the solderings are original or changed during the 32 years from this bass.

The only thing i have seen, that the red cable was soldered at the Volume pot (ground), and the mittle black cable and the blue cable from the lower pickup was soldered at the tip from the PlugIn.

For me it resembles strange, that this pickup has 3 soldering points at each Pickup.

This pickup has an enourmous output, incredible...its so far the strongest PU that i have seen.. its even louder as the active Vampyre.

The polepieces are adjustable in high with an allen key

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this can be a DI Marzio P pickup. They have adjustable pole pieces, and more than 2 wires :) And they are LOUD.

Reaction score
Matsumoku factory used a lot of rebranded American parts, these are probably Dimarzio like Florin said.
Ibanez used them in their Roadstar and Blazer basses, Aria & Vantage in their models used them aswell.

Reaction score
thank you Gnermo for the clue, searching at other matsumokus !!!
i was too blind..have found the identical pickup at a westone Bass !...so the red is HOT and Blue is shielded, black is ground :D

Top Bottom