Stolen: 1997 lefty Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry to have to post this at all but my 1997 lefty Streamer Stage 1 was stolen from a car in the early morning hours of July 28th 2011 in St. Paul, Minnesota. My ex wife was in possession of my bass at the time and I only found out about this during our divorce trial last week when she was asked by my lawyer where my bass was. I have contacted the St. Paul police department and associated the serial number with the police report so that if it shows up in a pawn shop it should be traceable. Like any bass made from AAAA flame maple its grain is unique. So are several identifying marks as shown in the attached image. I bought the bass with a broken headstock and repaired it myself. The curved line of the "scar" is clearly visible at the back of the base of the headstock. I replaced the worn gold 2 piece Warwick bridge with a new one that I ordered direct from Warwick. the knobs are old and tarnished and my next project was going to be replacing them with new. The pots are sticky as I didn't take them out when I refreshed the oil finish on the bass and some oil seeped into the pots. I was going to have to replace them as well. The bass also has a bone nut in place of the original brass Just-a-Nut. The MEC pickups are worn as well and it has an MEC preamp. I believe it's a 3 band EQ.
I have the serial number and the police report number and a large email trail with the person I bought it from proving ownership. I also have numerous court documents referencing my bass.
Please contact me if you see this bass anywhere at [email protected] or officer Day of the St. Paul police department.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• My Warwick ad.jpg
    My Warwick ad.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 216
Reaction score
Hi all. Great news! I found my bass with the help of some friends. It had been briefly listed on ebay last week in the same town it was stolen in. I contacted the seller after he pulled the listing because some of my fellow lefty bassists had contacted him inquiring about the serial number. The guy was super cool and immediately wanted to give it back to me once I proved that it was stolen and that it was mine. I got it back yesterday in excellent condition. Happy ending! :)

Top Bottom