Steve Bailey Takes It On The Road

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Vic and JD had a gig here in the Netherlands last wednesday at a place named "De Boerderij" in Zoetermeer. Sadly I couldn't make it, had to work overtime upgrading network components and virtualisation software. I had such a blast really... :( Well better luck next time.

It must be really nice to play together every now and then. Thanks for keeping us posted it is fun to read this stuff.

Reaction score
Also, there were some Warwick players in the house.
Fabricio, a Warwick 6 string fretless player... well his wife was there. He must have had a gig. Very sweet person, she was, and even showed me a picture of him and his warwick THUMB 6 string fretless.
Sorry I was so busy making sure that the recording levels were good, that I did not have a chance to take pics. Hopefully I will tonight!. Till then, steve

Hi Steve...
I'm the bass player you're talkin'about..i'm really sorry about missing the show..it must have been stellar...
i hear from my wife that you and Vic and JD have been wonderful as ever ...and she tells me some fantastic stuff about your new Warwick baby...
really beautiful wood and design...
What about your classic pickups system's sound in the new bass?
i'll try coming to some other show of yours next time around...enjoy a little bit of Italy(the good things....;) )

Reaction score
Pictures! pictures!
Isn't awesome that we're here talking with Steve Bailey??

Last edited by a moderator:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Whut, you wanna see what Steve looks like? :)

Reaction score
Steve, ... Thank you so much! Please continue with that diary. It's great to read such things/storys from people like you - and the combo of you and Vic is like one of the most inspiring things in the bass-world. Thanks, man!

BaileyBass

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score

From tonight... Got exactly one hour of sleep last night after the gig in Milan.. up at 4:30 to fly to Palermo today. I will be rested more tomorrow and will report on details.
Just having some serious fun!! later steve

Attachments

• sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 419
  • sb1.JPG
    sb1.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I guess its worth staying up late, watched you post the photo :) Hope you have a good rest and some fun gigs coming!

BaileyBass

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Day 4.. or 5?

Heck, i have already lost count... Last night was one of those nights. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Jet Lag.... setting up the recording rig, I crossed a bunch of inputs... transformer went bad on headphone amp.. computer hard drive problems, etc.... Grounding issues.
BUT.. the one thing that was RIGHT.. was my BASS!!! It sounded and played as wonderfully as ever, and I keep getting very positive comments about the tone and look. That makes me very happy and proud.
Anyway, just got to Slovenia and am off to ... you guessed it.. another sound check!! I hope the technical things go better tonight. I actually got 5 hours of sleep last night.. which is more than i total in the previous 3 days! SB

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a rough time...but at least the Bass lives well!
Hope the food will be good in Slovenia! A good meal and music hopefully help make the outlook a bit better :)

siderocks

Fatass
Reaction score
Hope everything's gonna be cool from now on. Good to have you on the forum and looking forward to your tour updates :p

BaileyBass

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
day... whatever..

Ostrava!! Well, what a great night. Vic and JD were killing it. sound was GREAT .. and we had a lot of fun. Got a great recording of the night and am looking forward to studying that one possibly for the album.
We played Not at Three, off the Bass Extremes second album.. that was cool, and a really different version of Whats So (based on miles So What)...
BUT... where my new Warwick really shines was during my solo music. Everything was Crystal Clear... harmonics.. chords..
Vic picked it up during sound check for the first time and really liked it. Said the neck feels really good. Thanks marcus!!
early morning here and we are off to Prague. I will check back in later, I hope.
IAFA.. steve

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Good gigs where both the front of house and stage mixes are good are such a blessing. It allows you to interact with everyone (both the musicians and the room) hassle free and have a blast yourself. The playing seems to go on autopilot during these rare moments and you become super aware of the tiniest things going on. Show is over before you know it and everybody feels good for days to come. God I miss gigging sometimes...

Your posts are taking me back to some great times Steve. Thank you for this. Part of me wants to be more of an active musician again. I seem to have become comfortably numb.

Cheers, Marco

Reaction score
yeah, some locations are just perfect, good sound, good people...it makes it so much easier to loosen up and be creative. I always tend to tense up a bit when I can't hear myself witha decent sound :)

Thanks for the great tour diary Steve!

BaileyBass

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
OK.... sitting at Frankfurt airport with a 2 hour delay heading back to the US. Last night we were in a beautiful town near here called affschaffenburg? Not sure about the spelling, but like most smaller Euro-towns... quite nice!
The gig was fun... Vic and JD were on. Vic worked Edelweiss into his solo.. and i resorted to FreeBird!!!
A first happened though... In my solo spot, Vic came out and played drums. I hope someone has video of that!! It was cool!
The night before we were in Prague, and it was probably the best show of the tour (at least the portion that I have been on) Great crowd, great sound, great vibe, GREAT recording. I am sure that some of that gig will be on the album!!
BUT, the funny story there was that we were walking to soundcheck, and passed a music store. Looked in and there I was with my new Warwick on the cover of a Czech music magazine. I had no idea that it was even going to be there.. What a shock!!!
We all got a kick out of that, with vic announcing on the gig that HE was the headliner, and I am on the cover of the Magazine!! Very Funny.
One thing about Vic that is really great is his support for other players. He is never threatened, and always enjoys others success... and it always willing to share the stage with his friends. Whether you know it or not, that is very unique and comes from a strong confidence, and a desire to see others succeed. I want to be just like him When I Grow Up!! hahahahh.
It was a great tour; very tiring, and a lot of time spent traveling. I look forward to going through all of the nights recording (8nights, 10 shows) and come up with the "diamonds". I will check back in periodically to give you an update, and will talk to vic about maybe giving Warwick Forum Dudes (and dudettes) a sneak peek, or even a recording of a song... just for you. thanks, steve

Reaction score
That sounds awesome :)
I also hope your return flight does not include such entertaining passengers as the guy sitting next to you on the flight to europe ;)

Top Bottom