SSI 6 fingerboard help! (repair)

Reaction score
SSI 6 fingerboard (repair)

Hello,
I recently purchased from a US store a 2009 SSI 6 in natural finish, and the bass came with a small damage of the fingerboard!!!!:evil:
the ding on FB its small enough that I dont feel it when playing, nor it affects playability of the bass, but its there and its bugs me to see it.
Can anybody tell me if this small ding which its about 3mm long by 2 wide around the fifth fret on the C string side, is repairable or at least, can it be hidden so it doesnt look that obvious,
I don't care if the colour of the repair doesn't match perfectly the rest of the FB.
Please let me know if this a doable thing.
I am considering in returning the bass to the original store, but man, this bass its the best I have ever played. it almost plays by itself! huge bottom end, snapy slaps, tremendous punch (with MTD strings ;)) anyhow, I am in love but this ding is killing me.
thoughts or comments are very welcome
please see pics below for better description.
HELP!

Attachments

• SSI 6 025.jpg
    SSI 6 025.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
A little wood filler will fix that right up.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
HI man,

Unfortunately I see that there is wood missing, so it is not an easy fix. Anyway, a moderate skilled woodworker, with a small piece of wenge will make it like it wasn't there.

:)

Cheers, Flo

Florin

OG
Reaction score
HI man,

Unfortunately I see that there is wood missing, so it is not an easy fix. Anyway, a moderate skilled woodworker, with a small piece of wenge will make it like it wasn't there.

:)

Cheers, Flo

Reaction score
Ssi 6

Thanks so much guys!
I am glad there could be a possible fix, because I truly love the sound of this beast!
I don't want to return the bass if I can have it repaired. I will make some phone calls locally to have a go at it

Cheers

Glad to be back on this forum!!

Reaction score
Ssi 6

I just thought I should show the rest of the bass...lol
enjoy

Attachments

• SSI 6 007.jpg
    SSI 6 007.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 246
  • SSI 6 3.jpg
    SSI 6 3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 243
  • SSI 6 008.jpg
    SSI 6 008.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 236
  • SSI 6 011.jpg
    SSI 6 011.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 239
Reaction score
nice bass, if you like the sound and how it plays, I'd say keep it ...

but if you do return it, let me know which store it is, hehehe

Reaction score
Ssi 6

Hey,
I got it from Guitar Centre in US but If you like what you see, I can sell it to you for what I paid for.
I can get another one in Montreal!
come and check it out I live in Mississauga
cheers
Ruddy

Reaction score
Did you get a discount for the damage?or did it happen it shipping?I think the bass look killer. I would try and get it fixed,If you like the way it sounds and plays.

Reaction score
repair

thanks bud,
here is what happened, the sales guy did mention there was a small ding, but I didn't expect it to be this. I considered this a bit more than a small ding. anyhow, while the process of receiving this bass and finding out a solution, I discovered this other amazing warwick BN 6 that I bought, but I must sell this one now......:( .
If somebody in this forum does not jump on it, I will simply return it to the store. Guitar Centre doesn't ship internationally though.
As a matter of fact I have it for sale on this forum
it truly is an amzing sounding bass!
cheers
Ruddy

Top Bottom