Spot The Warwick!

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Jason Raso just released a new video with Stu Hamm playing his Signature Warwick. Actually, there are a number of cool videos on Mr. Raso's youtube page.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The other bass sounds better. :eek:

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah, to my ears, the 'wick lacks of low ends, but full of midhighs. which is weird for a slap piece.
Weirder is to see the Fender Headstocks in the video of Stu. HP must be not so pleased.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Is Stu exclusive to Warwick? I thought he was one that had multiple bass endorsements. Like Bootsy...I think. I know he's had his own Fender models in the past, but I thought he wasn't exclusively Warwick.

*Trujillo is another that comes to mind. I know he plays multiple brands while still being endorsed by Warwick.

Last edited:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Stu has had deals with Fender (the Urge) and Washburn in the past. And he seems to have really thinned out his tone recently. Early on his tone was very similar to the other guy. He originally was a Kubicki guy.
And I have no idea how the endorsements work.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Warwick gains anyway by having their brand tied to some big names in the industry.
Something about Stu's playing bothers me though, I can't put my finger on it but I find him very ehm. boring.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The way the panned Stu hard to one side certainly doesn’t help how that bass sounds. I love Stu’s early stuff, but his last few records have done nothing for me.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Not sure about this, but I guess this is one of the first gigs/tours of Mike Inez and his famous "silverburst" SSI with AIC.

And Layne looks so healthy and his voice so powerful... please, kids, stay away from drugs.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
00:18. I think this is a brilliant fan made video.

Reaction score
AYWA, world Music from Montpellier France :)

AYWA again, look at this Video, we see a gorgeous 1993 Thumb bass BO 4 !
Guilhem, the official bassit of the group exchange his bass with Childo Tomas, a famous jazz african bassist.

Last edited:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

About halfway through here, Stu breaks out the Warwicks, I had never seen the Dr Strange and Groot basses before.

Top Bottom