Speaker Cabinetry to Match Your Warwick!

Reaction score
Found some prices on the towers to be in the upper $3k's.

:eek:

Gorgeous though, none-the-less.

Reaction score
They look more like home theater speakers mate.

Reaction score
I'm almost certain they are.

However, it's cabinets they're
in that caught my attention.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
yea, the cabs pictured are home entertainment variety, but I get the jest of what Tyler is saying. They could easily be built to house bass speakers. Have a bubinga cab built to say the 211 specs. That would be a beautiful cab, but very expensive. Hell, for that matter, you could have a matching rack built for your amp as well.

A couple things come to mind tho. First, I don't thing I would ever want to take them out of my house or studio because they would get beat pretty quickly. The second thing I would wonder about is how they would sound. I would think that as long as you went with a dense wood, there's no reason they couldn't sound great, but a very expensive experiment.

But in the jest of Tlyers post, I think cabs built out of wood that matched you bass would look awesome. What an addition they would make to your home studio.

Reaction score
Okay you wanna go this route? Nexo-Geo-T. End of statement.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
How about something like this....

The Latest thing in the Blue Cab Series...

Bubinga

Spalted Maple

Buckeye Burl

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
hmm... the grille is a little "off" combared to the wood... how about a cloth cover?

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
Very cool BPR!
I like the buckeye burl and spalted ones.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
that second one is looking good! how about putting the controls on the top in the back, so that only the wood is showing?

Reaction score
You could make yourself a cab. Our guit player did that years ago. His Dad was into cabinetry, turned the garage into a shop. The guitarist made an extension cab for his Marshall combo, sounded great, way better than the built in speaker. Don't recall the wood he used but it was gloss clear coated solid wood. He got the grill cloth and hardware from Radio Shack, they used to have a book about making speakers with blueprints and the like, maybe they still do.

Reaction score
Mwahhhhhh,

I think I'd rather go with established speaker brands...........8:

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Putting the amp controls in the back and the amp no longer resembled the Blue Cabs and that, at least in my mind, defeated the effect I was going for. So I ended up with this....

Top Bottom