Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Spare a thought for my little boy

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Eberbachl, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

We had a hospital visit two days ago, where they removed the pins in Ben's elbow.

It looks like there is some nerve damage - Ben can't move his hand at the wrist or his fingers up. I'm a little worried - the hospital say it should be OK in a few weeks, but they don't sound so sure.

:(

2. Emzyo

Emzyo 1337_dr4g0n-x-sl4y3r_1337

Err :s Hope it IS ok in few weeks.

3. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

This looks like a slow recovery injure, so you have to be patience, he should be OK in a blink of an eye.

4. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

My thoughts are with you, Luke!

5. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Thanks guys - he's such a great kid, the poor little fella doesn't deserve any of this. I wish I could cop it for him :(

6. Doc

Doc

Hi Luke, I'm glad to hear at least some good news on this front. Maybe to help ease your mind, I can offer a small bit of encouragement. As long as the nerve wasn't severed, Ben's arm should heal and return to near- if not completely-normal. Damage to a nerve takes awhile to get better, though - the touted general standard for conduction velocity across the nerve to regenerate is about 1mm per month. If he isn't showing marked improvement over the next few weeks they'll most likely do EMG (electromyography - it's an electronic nerve conduction test) on him to see where the damage is located and the length of the nerve involvement. Be patient, bro - kids are resilient and heal very quickly, but never quickly enough for mom and dad. :)

7. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Thanks Doc... that's about exactly what the Doctor at the hospital said today. You really sound like you know what you're talking about ;)

I appreciate the input - it's reassuring.... I just hope like crazy we see some improvement in the next few weeks and that the EMG isn't necessary, and I wish there was something I could do!

:(

8. noodles

noodles

Yeah, what Doc said. Nervous tissue can be stubborn. Give it time. He's a tough little dude!

9. Ketzi

Ketzi

My thoughts are with you and your little padawan. All the best for a quick and full recovery!