So..this gig of mine.... ack!

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admit it, this excitement is the reason we started playing bass in the first time :)
Have a great week, lady!

LoerEnd

Citizen Thumb
Reaction score
So how did the gig go?

+1. And also, tabbing not really cheating. Cheating would be (in my little head) having Vic Wooten play a quadruplet-loaded live backtrack while you're up there mimicking and pretending it fits the song.

You know...Beyoncé'ing your way around...

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Sorry i had to back out. There was no time to learn all new stuff in a couple days and work full days...last week was just crazy. One of the others is taking over on bass, so theyll be fine. Next year....

I know what i need to learn now at least and i can learn the tunes when i got time...

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Bummer. Oh well next time you might have the time to get some songs down in time... If the list doesn't come on such short notice. Guitarists like to come up with lists of songs they already know and always on short notice. I quit my former band because of this and the fact any songs I'd propose playing would never make the list.

Maybe starting a band with two bassplayers and no guitars is a good idea.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Lol there ya go Marco

Yeah it was frustrating.....
they did alright tonight, it was more of a karaoke w/ live band
Yeah i need time to know what to play, look it up, i like to learn and master one tune at a time...its the way i learn....and then drive a bus all day....cook dinner...do laundry that i forget to do lol....

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sad you couldn't make it, Lady... I hope you don't feel bad about this, you will have other opportunities again.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
Nah i dont. Yeah i got next year, i will be prepared now i know what to play...

Reaction score
hi, thats a shame, but at least you made a choice that suited you and didnt apply too much pressure to yourself (guilt trips,etc)and yes there's next year. its tricky to juggle regular life with music life sometimes :)

Top Bottom