So I Joined A 80’s Style Hardcore Punk Band

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And it’s pretty awesome

After the last band I was in split up again, I started looking for a Metal Band to play in. Well at my age 51 its not as easy as it was in my younger days.

Most Metal bands want younger guys and I figure I can wait around to find some older guys to jam with or I can get busy with something else…..I chose the later

So a little back ground on this band

They are all my age, they put out an LP in 1990 and an EP in 1991,

Now that the kids are grown, work is winding down to retirement years, they wanted to get this thing going again…..so I figure, why the heck not

I’ve been rehearsing with them for the last 5 weeks getting ready for 2 bookings they got coming up in June and August, should be awesome!!!

Band is called Last Option – West Coast Hardcore

Here's a sample.....cracks me up, you can tell its recorded off of vinyl

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n8e76vg8e6ys0sy/AADlXAXL6J1Q8-RI7J54gfz_a?dl=0&preview=08+Burning.m4a

Honestly I don't know anything about Hardcore Punk......but I know its fun to play :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Congrats RIP! Based on that tune, I honestly don't think I could pass the audition. That tempo is freaking fast!!!

Reactions: RIP

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats RIP! Based on that tune, I honestly don't think I could pass the audition. That tempo is freaking fast!!!
Thanks Beef!......yeah they are all pretty fast, and the sample is kind of one of the mild ones. They made a comment when I tried out say something like "I can't believe your playing that with your fingers", I took it as a compliment.

So its a good group of guys

I got to thinking about who would show up at our shows, kinda of laughing at the idea of a bunch of people jumping of the stage creating a mosh pit :)

It should be interesting

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Wooooow, it is awesome! The band I just joined in is not that far from this, I think this is the perfect music for 45+ Congrats buddy :)
44206395_2541057645912083_6455404080033431552_n.jpg

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Wooooow, it is awesome! The band I just joined in is not that far from this, I think this is the perfect music for 45+ Congrats buddy :)
View attachment 19962
Ha! Im going to have make a poster out of that.
Yeah I've been keeping tabs on your band Florin, you guys are kicking some butt and taken names....awesome stuff Flo!!

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Here's one of my favorite memes:

(for the non-punkers: that's Ian MacKaye of Fugazi/Minor Threat, and Henry Rollins of Black Flag/Rollins Band)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Tell your shouter to look front and get him a black shirt! He looks around like he wants to ask where to find the train station. If this does not work he still could wear a bright red dress! This is PUNK!!! :p

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Tell your shouter to look front and get him a black shirt! He looks around like he wants to ask where to find the train station. If this does not work he still could wear a bright red dress! This is PUNK!!! :p
I was thinking the same thing :)

Top Bottom