So I finally took the proverbial plunge...

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Unicornbass Artist 5 Koa - now with sounds on page 4!

...and ordered me a custom Unicornbass.com! :d

Specs:
Unicorn Artist Master 3200 5-string
- Set neck.
- 32", 24 frets.
- Mahogany body.
- Bookmatched Koa top with matching headstock.
- Maple neck with Purpleheart laminations.
- Rosewood fretboard.
- 2-piece bridge (in the style of Alembic/Warwick) with 18 mm spacing.
- Quad mk. II-pickups. (basically ceramic blade pickups with 3 selectable coil combinations on each pickup).
- Trinity quad-preamp (4-band).
- Black accent veneer between body and top wood.
- Black hardware with gold bridge saddles for accent.
- Koa ramp between pickups.
- Artist 2010 shape.

Need I say I'm pretty excited? :d

Last edited by a moderator:

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Congratulations Sam !! .... though it's not a Warwick CS :((...,I agree that it's still something to be pretty excited about...:d:d

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Congratulations Sam !! .... though it's not a Warwick CS :((...,I agree that it's still something to be pretty excited about...:d:d

Yeah, that's why I had the decency to post this in the café. Warwick just doesn't offer enough options for what I want, and I can't afford what I want there either. I'm getting a great deal on this one.

Reaction score
Cool, how long will it take to arrive? Will definately be interested to see some pics!

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Cool, how long will it take to arrive? Will definately be interested to see some pics!

I will get an estimate next week when the luthier has checked wood availability. I'm guessing 3-4 months.

Reaction score
Congrats, looks good! Somehow they remind me a bit of Alembic... but that`s not a bad thing either ;) ! Please post some Soundfiles once you get that baby, and don`t forget the pics.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Wow man, big time gratz to you. I know you fell in love and been wanting to do this for a while and I think its so cool that its going to happen for you. Right friggin On! I remember several months back you had gone to their showroom or factory and were so excited in chat and linked some pics. I think this is absolutely wonderful and am so happy for you Bro. I can't wait to see pics, I've always loved the look of koa so this should be one beautiful instrument.

Again ... Gratz

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Thanks! "I'm as excited as a very excited person who's got a special reason to be excited!" (name that quote).

Reaction score
Congratz I can't wait to see it!

I've checked pictures on their webpage and they have very clean and nice workshop and
it definately reflects on their basses too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Congratz I can't wait to see it!

I've checked pictures on their webpage and they have very clean and nice workshop and
it definately reflects on their basses too!

Yeah. Christian has ridiculous attention to detail. The way he selects pieces of wood is amazing to watch. He compromises nothing in the building process where most builders would. If you'd meet him in his shop you would understand why his basses are gaining so much ground in Sweden.

I'd say without a doubt that he is one of the top luthiers in the world, and I am honored by the fact that he wants to build me my dream bass. We have really connected on more than a business plane.

Oh and just to clarify he is the only one building the basses, but he's got a companion that builds the preamps.

Morgoth

Sir Paul of Thumbalot
Reaction score
Congratulations Sam'!

Finally should I say. :p

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Congraturations! (as the Japanese would say)

Reaction score
"I'm as excited as a very excited person who's got a special reason to be excited!" (name that quote).

Sounds very much like Blackadder to me! I cried when that series finished...really sad ending but great show.

Congrats on the bass purchase, they do indeed look most pleasing!

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Sounds very much like Blackadder to me! I cried when that series finished...really sad ending but great show.

Congrats on the bass purchase, they do indeed look most pleasing!

Thanks! Black Adder is my favorite comedy show EVER!

Top Bottom