Show Your Pedalboards (Evo) Then

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
ODB3 is one of the best bass overdrives out there.
Problem is this only becomes evident once you hear it in a mix and notice it does not get swamped as easily as many of the 'boutique' OD/dist pedals.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Cool board! Tell me more, please, about ho do you use that Boss LS-2.

I've got the dirt pedals and the autowah in the A loop, and the chorus in the B loop. This lets me do two things that I like to do in my original songs:

1. Switch instantly from chorus to dirt
2. Turn on any combination of fuzz, OD, and envelope filter simultaneously (by turning the chorus off and using the B loop as a dry signal)

I actually made a quick cell phone video about this for another forum member here who had the same question. To my surprise it has gotten over 1,000 views on YouTube.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
BTW, I've this idea of grabbing a second hand Digitech Bass Synth Wah for some time now, but people sell them for very big money (I saw one in eBay for $350 o_O). I believe street price back in the day before Digitech discontinued them was less than $50.

You can still find them in the US for around $100. I know I got mine pretty cheap, but they were still in production then. I mainly just use it for an octave pedal now. I wanted something that sounded different than the OC-2 (just to be different) and someone suggested I revisit it. But I also think every board should have at least one pedal that's just big stupid fun, and this pedal certainly fits that bill too.

The one that shocks me (and makes me kick myself) is the Korg Miku. This ultra-cheesy pedal was probably $50 new, and now you can't find them for less than $400. And the thing is ridiculously horrid. But that's kind of why I wish I had bought one.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
My first guitar board. Sweetwater is selling this board (PT Classic Jr) and One Spot isolated power supply as a package deal, along with some EBS flat cables. Pretty cool, but I have to say that the compatibility between the board and power supply isn't great. I kind of wish I had spent the coin on a good old Voodoo Lab unit.

The chorus and POG are mainly here just as placeholders, because this thing is pretty naked right now. In the near future I plan on adding a fuzz and a wah.

guitar board 02-24-2021.jpg

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
You can still find them in the US for around $100. I know I got mine pretty cheap, but they were still in production then. I mainly just use it for an octave pedal now. I wanted something that sounded different than the OC-2 (just to be different) and someone suggested I revisit it. But I also think every board should have at least one pedal that's just big stupid fun, and this pedal certainly fits that bill too.

The one that shocks me (and makes me kick myself) is the Korg Miku. This ultra-cheesy pedal was probably $50 new, and now you can't find them for less than $400. And the thing is ridiculously horrid. But that's kind of why I wish I had bought one.

I can't watch that Captain and Chapman review without laughing my ass off...:D

About having one pedal that's "just big stupid fun" on your board, well, I guess that's why I have an EHX BassBalls. Most people seem to hate it, but I love it. :cool:

Reaction score
ODB3 is one of the best bass overdrives out there.
Problem is this only becomes evident once you hear it in a mix and notice it does not get swamped as easily as many of the 'boutique' OD/dist pedals.

I'm a fan boy of the Free The Tone Bassblaster Overdrive

It really is the bees knees.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I just updated my guitar board. But everybody knows guitar is lame. I mean, it's an ok instrument to play if you deliver pizza for a living.

Anyway, rather than just post my guitar board (boring!) I thought it might be fun to take a "family photo" of the complete pedal collection.

Top row, left to right: Boss ME-50B Multi, Arion Bass Chorus, Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus, Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah, Boss OC-2 Octave, Boss PH-3 Phaser, Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth, EXH Switchblade, EHX Switchblade Plus

Second row: Radial Tonebone Bassbone, Peterson Strobo-Stomp, Saturnworks Order Swapper, Source Audio Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter, Source Audio Soundblox2 Bass Multiwave Distortion, Way Huge Green Rhino MkII Overdrive, Big Game Bedlam V2 Overdrive, EHX Nano POG

Bass board, top row: MXR Bass Pre, Markbass Compressore, Source Audio Soundblox2 Orbital Modulator, EHX Bass Clone Chorus, TC Polytune 2

Bass board, bottom row: EHX Enigma QBalls Envelope Filter, Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive, Stomp Under Foot Civil Unrest Fuzz, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Boss LS-2 Line Selector

Guitar board, top row: Boss DD-8 Digital Delay, MXR Stereo Chorus

Guitar board, bottom row: Boss BD-2 Blues Driver OD, EHX Glove OD, EHX Big Muff Op Amp Reissue Fuzz

Guitar board, right side: Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Mooer Baby Tuner (because nothing is worse than an out-of-tune baby)

pedal collection 03172021.jpg

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
How do you even keep track of all of that?

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I just updated my guitar board. But everybody knows guitar is lame. I mean, it's an ok instrument to play if you deliver pizza for a living.

Anyway, rather than just post my guitar board (boring!) I thought it might be fun to take a "family photo" of the complete pedal collection.

Top row, left to right: Boss ME-50B Multi, Arion Bass Chorus, Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus, Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah, Boss OC-2 Octave, Boss PH-3 Phaser, Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth, EXH Switchblade, EHX Switchblade Plus

Second row: Radial Tonebone Bassbone, Peterson Strobo-Stomp, Saturnworks Order Swapper, Source Audio Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter, Source Audio Soundblox2 Bass Multiwave Distortion, Way Huge Green Rhino MkII Overdrive, Big Game Bedlam V2 Overdrive, EHX Nano POG

Bass board, top row: MXR Bass Pre, Markbass Compressore, Source Audio Soundblox2 Orbital Modulator, EHX Bass Clone Chorus, TC Polytune 2

Bass board, bottom row: EHX Enigma QBalls Envelope Filter, Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive, Stomp Under Foot Civil Unrest Fuzz, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Boss LS-2 Line Selector

Guitar board, bottom row: Boss BD-2 Blues Driver OD, EHX Glove OD, EHX Big Muff Op Amp Reissue Fuzz

Guitar board, right side: Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Mooer Baby Tuner (because nothing is worse than an out-of-tune baby)

View attachment 22811
Uhhhhhhhhh - how many strings on your instrument ? :confused:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Spent 3 hours plugging and unplugging my overdrives, compressors, fuzzes, tuners, testing at LOUD volume through several amp stacks (poor neighbours)...
Ended up prefering this for the moment to the alpha omicron+cali76cb+polytuner because having the five band EQ and two D.I. outputs at my disposal is preferable.

The two band compressor on the Transit-B gives me more attack but stays rather transparent, the drive on it is also great. All I needed extra was a fuzz.
So glad I didn't sell that Transit-B afteral. Sometimes keeping it simple is a good idea.

20210324_174220.jpg

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Spent 3 hours plugging and unplugging my overdrives, compressors, fuzzes, tuners, testing at LOUD volume through several amp stacks (poor neighbours)...
Ended up prefering this for the moment to the alpha omicron+cali76cb+polytuner because having the five band EQ and two D.I. outputs at my disposal is preferable.

The two band compressor on the Transit-B gives me more attack but stays rather transparent, the drive on it is also great. All I needed extra was a fuzz.
So glad I didn't sell that Transit-B afteral. Sometimes keeping it simple is a good idea.

View attachment 22818
I like the simplicity of the board!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score

View attachment 22811
Very nice collection, you have some cool pedals.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Board number two:

aiaiai.jpg

Several ways of getting great tone. Life is sweet.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Got a new Pedaltrain. Model number PT-M16-SC.
It is less wide, but deeper so I can better fit my bigger pedals on there.
The Wah pedal is sitting next to the pedalboard it really is quite tiny but just large enough for my needs.
The Cali is running on 18v and always on.

Also, now that I have a Thumb NT6 the Jon Stockman co-designed Alpha-Omicron is a must. It just works really well with a Thumb Bass!
Le Bass to get bottom end since the MEC two band pre on the Thumb isn't doing quite enough in that register.

20210529_125659.jpg

Reaction score
That would sound killer with the NT6. Have you tried Goliath and Simple Boy yet? Goliath is full alpha and Simple Boy is like 1/4 Omega side (not 100% on that). I was running the Lebass and AOU for over a year. So good. I must admit that the Damnation Audio MDB2 has trumped the AO for me. I know it gets talked about alot but it is next level.

Got a new Pedaltrain. Model number PT-M16-SC.
It is less wide, but deeper so I can better fit my bigger pedals on there.
The Wah pedal is sitting next to the pedalboard it really is quite tiny but just large enough for my needs.
The Cali is running on 18v and always on.

Also, now that I have a Thumb NT6 the Jon Stockman co-designed Alpha-Omicron is a must. It just works really well with a Thumb Bass!
Le Bass to get bottom end since the MEC two band pre on the Thumb isn't doing quite enough in that register.

View attachment 23066

Reaction score
I just picked up this and a Boss PW-2 for DIRT, always need MOAR DIRT.
It's a Big muff + Marshall Guv'nor and a compressor. Can't use both drives at the same time , sadly.

unknown.png

Oh, and it's crazy noisy when you don't play. Is this a defect or should I invest in a noise gate?

Last edited:
Top Bottom