kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Found an Alembic this weekend 😀

View attachment 23769
That is a beautiful Alembic! Is that the Essence model? I would love to hear what your opinion of it is and how it compares to a comparable Warwick. I have long desired an Alembic, but now, the prices on them have gone nuts..........much like nearly everything else I guess.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Yes, we share things. And I buy one after I sell one 😉 this one wasn't planned (really!)
I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. Planning and control can be good.......or you could end up like this:

DSCN6475.JPG

Which from my perspective as undisputed, but somewhat lonely, ruler of my humble castle, is an awfully good thing! I am fairly certain that I would never find a companion that would tolerate this sort of behaviour. Aren't we humans a weird species.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
That is a beautiful Alembic! Is that the Essence model? I would love to hear what your opinion of it is and how it compares to a comparable Warwick. I have long desired an Alembic, but now, the prices on them have gone nuts..........much like nearly everything else I guess.
Thanks ! It is indeed an Essence, but it has Europa electronics: Q switch + 2 bass/trebble boost & cut switches. Completely different to Warwick. It really brings out the sound of Mark Knopfler- very transparent + lots of punch. I got a very good deal, and after testing I said 'but why not' ? 😀
I believe you can find much more Alembics at a reasonable price in the US

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. Planning and control can be good.......or you could end up like this:

View attachment 24256

Which from my perspective as undisputed, but somewhat lonely, ruler of my humble castle, is an awfully good thing! I am fairly certain that I would never find a companion that would tolerate this sort of behaviour. Aren't we humans a weird species.
Excuse me sir ! Are you one kinda bass case and bag dealer? This is a remarkable collection, to say the least!🤣

Top Bottom