Show Us Your Non- Warwick Bass Then!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Soz for being nerdy. I can't help it. I blame my luthier friend.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
But that Ibanez is just spectacular! Wenge and bubinga neck, VERY lightweight but with a fatter neck then usual on Ibanez. Radiussed pickups made by Seymour Duncan.
Had a luthite Ibanez that didn't work out that well, but these are amazing. Someone told me these were transitional models where they kept the Ergodyne name but went back to using proper woods, and before releasing the Grooveline and the Affirma.

There's nothing I like more than a natural-finish dark wood, and that Ibby has me drooling!

Reaction score
EXPThhK.jpg

ZiwTcwS.jpg

rrHdwxc.jpg

Ctd88Qg.jpg

iangLVj.jpg

sRZ5Fvw.jpg

These rival any Warwick for a fraction of the price.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh boy. I was so gonna sell this bass. But I can't.
Adjusted the twin truss rods just now. Bridge is bottomed out and the action really low.
This thing plays like a dream and just sounds like no other bass ever can or will. Let's keep the old girl.
#noordinaryric

Ric.jpg

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Happy with the Phil Jones combo? Too bad they don‘t have a tilt back option.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The Phil Jones is excellent for practicing, and in a small room with wooden floor can even keep up with a drummer.
PJB cabs use acoustic coupling of floors and walls to make them sound bigger.
Sadly this also means that it relies on that. If you put the combo on your table in the middle of the room all the bottom end is gone.

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
New bass day: this is a Mayones BE Gothic Custom from 2009. It has a mahogany neck with maple fingerboard, the body is amazakoe (which seems to be the same as ovangkol?). As you can see, it is passive with just one pickup very close to the bridge. Together with the black Rotosound flats, it has a very distinctive, almost jazzy sound. But I guess with other strings and some pedals, it can also live up to it‘s gothic name. Do you know other basses with such a pickup configuration?

088CD312-8C55-4E88-9F45-D0607FBAF4B1.jpeg

Reaction score
New bass day: this is a Mayones BE Gothic Custom from 2009. It has a mahogany neck with maple fingerboard, the body is amazakoe (which seems to be the same as ovangkol?). As you can see, it is passive with just one pickup very close to the bridge. Together with the black Rotosound flats, it has a very distinctive, almost jazzy sound. But I guess with other strings and some pedals, it can also live up to it‘s gothic name. Do you know other basses with such a pickup configuration?

View attachment 22110
Looks great

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just been looking at half the online shops in Europe again.
I do not want another bass. My stock (up to around 3k euro) is way better then theirs.

Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
Just been looking at half the online shops in Europe again.
I do not want another bass. My stock (up to around 3k euro) is way better then theirs.

This sounds dangerous. Turn off your Internet immediately

Top Bottom