Show Us Your Non- Warwick Bass Then!

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
It works pretty well with auto-wah, yes. I finally managed to get a proper sound by tweaking the weird controls. Funnily enough, the piezo has more low freq than the magnetic pickup. So I boosted the bass of the piezo to add some Oomph. Treble are flat, or completely cut, and the control of the magnetic pickups are flat or bass/treble boost. (The Tone control is in fact a bass treble boost/cut in one knob. so it's flat, of fully scooped, or fully peaked in the middle. weird.
Rehearsal tonite with the Line6 bass pod, I hope it'll sound good.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
A friend of mine had that exact model. It is made of and sounds like plastic, but plays like butter. Back then I didn't know what to make of it. His other bass was an EBMM Stingray so the blue plastic was a backup.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Rehearsal yesterday, it confirms the first feelings : sound is VERY particular, BUT and that's where I like technology, through the Line6 BassPod, with some eqing and amp simulation, I managed to get a really phat, seventies sound. There are still a lot of possibilities to explore, but sound-wise, like @jester said, it's the ideal bass to add some effects on.
The drawback is, it's more a 18.5mm string spacing, and this very little difference is causing me some right hand trouble. If it weren't for the material, I would change the place of the individual bridges, but I fear the Luthite is too flaky.
Great bass for the price I paid, anyway.

Reaction score
L2 Steinberger
Gave it a right thrashing last night

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thx will be looking into that for sure!

Reaction score
Yes, headstock and everything.
Some models didn't have it , but most (including the Mexican reissue) do.

It's now known as the Duff McKagan signature:

Top Bottom