Show us your man cave then... (NHS)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Closeup of the pre-power combination which drives the smaller brown TDL Studio 0.75m transmissionline monitors.
The 12 band EQ is hooked up in between pre- and power sections because these monitors are VERY hot in the midrange frequencies.
They are however also extremely detailed sounding - so much that I decided to keep them and give them a flatter frequency response.

I can definitely mix and master on these. Their range within 3db is from 30hz up to 22khz. The larger black monitors reach down all the way to 20hz.
Great if you want to fix your bottom end and prevent any subfrequency rumble in your mixes. Making stuff sound good is a nice hobby I have besides playing bass.

Downside to using speakers this good is a lot of music you love doesn't get played much if the production/mastering is crap. These speakers reveal any bad decisions in mixes in a very horrible way.

Sadly the TDL brand folded in the nineties. PMC kinda took over the transmission line concept from there and nowadays you're paying a small fortune for these types of speaker designs.

Mancave3.jpg

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Wow. Gottas show this to my wife and say "See, it's not that bad ! "

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Everything cleaned and working! Took me some hours and some beer. Nearly all CS basses carried together. The 12er is still missing and the 2000 Streamer Stage II cocobolo top is in the office.
298DE849-D1F1-495D-AA2D-D22208151C77.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Everything cleaned and working! Took me some hours and some beer. Nearly all CS basses carried together. The 12er is still missing and the 2000 Streamer Stage II cocobolo top is in the office.
View attachment 23650
Congrats @Hardy beautiful collection- and that 12 string is the most massive egg slicer any guitar player could dream of 👍
Ohh , and I love the bottle opener above MaddJazz infinity ;)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats @Hardy beautiful collection- and that 12 string is the most massive egg slicer any guitar player could dream of 👍
Ohh , and I love the bottle opener above MaddJazz infinity ;)
That 6 string Streamer already weights a ton! Suddenly the Buzzards are easy to play, hehe!

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
View attachment 23172
I filled those cavities under the left side of the desk with an RAH600SMX and SVT4-PRO.
Needs more speakers. ; )
Actually, one can never have enough good quality speakers. What most people use nowadays are not good quality speakers, due to the cost. I went with vintage units because of that. I have a pair of Marantz HD-880's that sound incredible.

Reaction score
Love the green lighting- is it from the equipment or external high-lighting?
Hi mate, sorry for the slow reply. It's from a strip of RGB LEDs that I ran around the back of the desk and under the open compartment where my audio interface sits. Green was the colour of the day.

Im still adding lighting to my setup. LEDs went in this yest, and I'm in the process of masking up the cabinet grille to paint it with invisible UV paint, as I have a black lamp light bar I'm mounting onto the top of the rig that will shine down on the paint and make it glow only when the lightbar is on. Also doubles as a good "recharge" for the illuminated side dots for the Thumb 6. Green tape will be removed and painted.

20211201_125407.jpg

20211201_151210.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Do you do your monitoring/mixing from the couch? Monitor placement adhering to the equilateral triangle rule would dictate it!
From the couch and everywhere else. Since the speakers reach down to 24Hz the art of cutting lows while remaining big sounding can be done with them. Bottom end will vary too much when moving around the room (and the next) when the frequencies go too low.

Couch is definitely the sweet spot for the stereo image width and depth.

Top Bottom