Show us your man cave then... (NHS)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Closeup of the pre-power combination which drives the smaller brown TDL Studio 0.75m transmissionline monitors.
The 12 band EQ is hooked up in between pre- and power sections because these monitors are VERY hot in the midrange frequencies.
They are however also extremely detailed sounding - so much that I decided to keep them and give them a flatter frequency response.

I can definitely mix and master on these. Their range within 3db is from 30hz up to 22khz. The larger black monitors reach down all the way to 20hz.
Great if you want to fix your bottom end and prevent any subfrequency rumble in your mixes. Making stuff sound good is a nice hobby I have besides playing bass.

Downside to using speakers this good is a lot of music you love doesn't get played much if the production/mastering is crap. These speakers reveal any bad decisions in mixes in a very horrible way.

Sadly the TDL brand folded in the nineties. PMC kinda took over the transmission line concept from there and nowadays you're paying a small fortune for these types of speaker designs.

Mancave3.jpg

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Wow. Gottas show this to my wife and say "See, it's not that bad ! "

Top Bottom