Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Show Us Your Guitars Then!

Discussion in 'Guitars and Guitar Amps' started by DiMarco, Dec 29, 2018.

1. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

I can honestly not believe this thread did not exist on this forum yet. O M G!
    Yes I am primarily a bassist. Yes there are a lot more bassists on here then there are guitarists.

But MAN! Really?

I sadly do not own any of those beau-ty.ful FRAMUS guitars.
    But allow me to kick this off by throwing onto said lovely little forum my 2018 Fendurr Strat and 1961 (!!!) Gibson Les Paul SG model
    (yes it was called a Les Paul in '61 kenyabelieveit? - Les absolutely HATED the model though so it was baptized 'SG' later on).
    Anyway the Gibbo is now almost 58 years old!

Here goes:

[​IMG]

Now start posting Guitars already! ( you can host your photos for free at Tinypic or ImgBB).

Hector, Hardy, Madmaskbass and 3 others like this.
  2. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Oh btw the SG is a 'special' but since a previous owner had butchered the body to replace the P90's with humbuckers we had to replace part of the bodywood with new mahogany and covered it up with a 'batwing' model pickguard.
    The bridge and machineheads are also not original (it used to have that useless wrap-around bridge that does not allow one to change the intonation on your guitar). Wiring and electronics are original. The P90's I went for were made by Jason Lollar and sound as close to the original pickups as it gets. The guitar wants to scream and sounds really warm yet articulate. I absolutely love that axe!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris

Steve Gregory
    My electric is a Squier Strat. It's the so-called "surf strat" (note the lipstick pickups).

[​IMG]

My acoustic, which I play much more than my electric, is an Ovation. I believe it's the Celebrity Deluxe model, but I won't swear to it.

[​IMG]

4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris

Steve Gregory
    I just got this for Christmas, and I didn't put it together until yesterday. But I'm picking it up quick.

Hector, jester, DiMarco and 1 other person like this.
  5. Madmaskbass

Madmaskbass Supporting Member

[​IMG] This comes on Saturday. Ibanez prestige 8. If I am going to own a guitar it better be a damn cool looking one because it'll be a wall ornament for the most part except for a bit of fun...I think this one will be fun...8 strings are such a fad instrument that something like this can be bought for so much cheaper than a 7 or 6 equal. Birdseye Maple neck, Polar burl body came with two sets of pickups which are expensive...done well!

Hector, jester, Bassist4Eris and 3 others like this.
  6. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

ARGH... yes, you are right, there is no thread about this, or if there is, it is buried a long way down in the threads ;) I will sticky this so it stays on top!

DiMarco likes this.
  7. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    This is my eggslicer. It's a Cort M600. It's a sweet guitar, as verified by our former bandleader. He had it play through his rig, set up for a very heavy Ibanez from the 80s, similar shape and pickup configuration. It sounded glorious with just a tad less bass which was easily compensated. Sadly, I rarely play it since even my basses get very little action today, let alone the geetar. No plans of letting it go though any time soon. :)

[​IMG]

Madmaskbass, DiMarco, Hector and 2 others like this.