Show Us Your Bass Then!

Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Cool! In that case, check out how the grain pops on this thing in the sun light! :D

570E546B-BDB4-4804-A05D-9798638D9BF5_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've literally never owned any Wicks, and have no plans to own one any time soon. Not that I'd be against it. ;)

There are a couple of us here. We came aboard during a brief period where the Warwick forum was just a general bass forum called Bass Arena or something. When they went back to being a Warwick forum, I decided to keep hanging out here because I like the people.

I mostly play my Zon basses, I think they sound better than Warwicks for what I do and are in the middle of the spectrum between Warwick on the modern side and the Ric plus hyperjazz on the classic side. Zons are kinda jacks of all trades but with all the pros that come with higher end basses, and I absolutely love carbon necks so much that I consider wood a nice second choice.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ooh! interesting indeed.

It never became clear to me what the big differences are between rockbass and german warwick electronics, pickups, hardware.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Prepare for disappointment. Good value for money if you are starting out but miles away from a German wick.

It‘s already at my guitar tech. Bad shielding. Also the edges of the fret board are sharp, maybe I let them smoothen. The tone knobs are not running that even. But also one good impression: it sings! Resonate body. The finish is very nice. The bass looks as new.

Reaction score
Had the whole family out today for a good play/clean and photo. New set of strings on the Thumb made me remember why I like her so much, she plays like butter. Some of these basses have not gotten the play time they deserve and may have to go to a new home, we will see?

EED122F8-65F3-4FD0-89AB-774393727D31.jpeg

Top Bottom