Setting Up A Fretless Corvette

Reaction score
Good evening fellas,

As of last week I became the proud owner of a fretless FNA Jazzmann,

After taking it to a local shop to make sure everything was in order (I didn't notice anything while playing, but I wanted to be absolutely sure) tinkered a bit with the many ajustable settings such as bridge/nut height and so on.

I don't have a lot of tools or skills to allow for a precise job however, so I ended up pretty much with a weird playing bass (mixed action, low sustain on the thicker strings and what not)

I am going back to a tech tomorrow because I gave up, but I wanted to ask you guys if you had any tips for setting up a Fretless bass with action as low as possible. I am mostly interested in specs such as height for the saddles/nut/bridge.

Also worth knowing is if warwick has a "recommended settings" that I can look for

Many thanks in advance and sorry to bother you.

Kind regards

A technical fool

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Bridge Set Up

First watch those videos.
I (or some of the other guys) can elaborate on getting the last bit, fretless intonation right.

And welcome to the forum!
Happen to have any pictures of that Jazzman?

Reaction score
I always start by putting the bridge as low as possible, and working from there.

Reaction score
Hi there! First of all sorry for disappearing, I was kinda busy for the last couple of days with things going back to normal.

I watched the videos and while they did help I did end up sending the bass to a tech who set it up rather nicely. There is only one issue left, namely that on the G and B strings there seems to be a weird resonance/oscillating noise when I press the higher "frets", which I suspect is either due to string marks on the fretboard.....or due to what seems to be a tiiiiiiiny amount of relief on the bass side, even though the two guys I have sent it to told me everything was fine.

Here are some pictures, which I took after getting a standard line Rockcase for my birthday. The case also has the problem that the headstock, or rather the rear side of the tuners touch the headstock, I thought about putting a piece of cloth on the neck support to fix the issue, is this recommended?

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_142706.jpg
    IMG_20200606_142706.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 210
Top Bottom