Seriously considering the Vampyre Rockbass

Reaction score
I currently have myself a $$ Corvette, Yamaha BB714BS, X-treme 10.1 with two neo 411's. Am I right in thinking that the Vampyre will have a tighter sound than my $$?

Also I want 24 fret access which to be honest the Corvette's don't give.

What other basses are available with 24 fret access other than the Dolphin, Vampyre NT and Infinity?

If you want some idea of what I play have a listen at Serillian - New Track bei MySpace Music - Kostenlos MP3s anhören, Bilder & Musikvideos ansehen

Reaction score
ok do you have a rockbass corvette or a real one because the real corvette sh*ts all over the rock bass well mine dose anyway

Florin

OG
Reaction score
The rockbass vamp has a pretty tight sound, maybe tighter than a Corvette $$. I'd stay with the real Warwick though...
Use the bridge pickup only, with the switch down. This is the proper way to use a $$ :)

Reaction score
Just checked my Corvette $$... yep, both switches permanently down... heh! heh!
I've had Rockbasses in the past, and they're fine in their own right, pound for pound compared with similarly prices basses (or even more expensive ones).
I've been thinking about my options for a fretted bass lately and considered another Rockbass. However, I think that ultimately they just lead to GAS for the real thing, so I'd think carefully about it and maybe save the money to spend another day

Reaction score
I'd wait until the 'new' RockBasses for 2010 hit these shores first. If they're priced right they could be a real alternative to the standard 'mid-priced' bass - along with the 'Sterling by MusicMan' basses.

Reaction score
Well I did just notice this bass on ebay

Now if that can be picked up for maybe £200 it'd be quite a good bargain right. Considering the real thing costs 6x the amount of the rockbass it's kind of out of reach. To be honest though I'm just not getting the definition I want from the $$. I've got the bridge pickup in single coil and the neck in either single or up. Down just doesn't cut it for me.

The $$ is the German model.

Also didn't wolfman get hold of one of these and decide to resign his streamer to the studio? So it can't be a bad bass at all surely.

Reaction score
Well that bass on ebay I managed to get for £160. I already know that the rockbasses are pretty decent, so getting one for that kind of money I wont be complaining if it isn't as good as my $$. Just need to order some EMP's for it and hopefully I'll have it within the week. I'll need to do some set up for it as well for drop C tuning.

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum.

I've been seriously considering buying a vampyre rockbass. But, from some reviews I read (which said the bass was great) many mentioned a "little too high action".
One of the reasons I'm ditching my current "starter pack" bass is because of it's impossible high action string tension. I thought it was normal but, after trying other basses and a real warwick, I realized I could play twice as fast, slap much better and that my fingers didn't have to hurt when I played chords and tapping.

Of course, sound and looks are also important but, right now, I really want playability above all else,
So, what's your opinion on the vampyre's action?

*by the way, the warwick I tried was a Fortress Flashback I think

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum.

I've been seriously considering buying a vampyre rockbass. But, from some reviews I read (which said the bass was great) many mentioned a "little too high action".
One of the reasons I'm ditching my current "starter pack" bass is because of it's impossible high action string tension. I thought it was normal but, after trying other basses and a real warwick, I realized I could play twice as fast, slap much better and that my fingers didn't have to hurt when I played chords and tapping.

Of course, sound and looks are also important but, right now, I really want playability above all else,
So, what's your opinion on the vampyre's action?

*by the way, the warwick I tried was a Fortress Flashback I think

Nuno,action is fully adjustable.If it's too high,lower it.;)

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, and I wouldn't be surprised lol I'm not that experienced with basses. But if I lower the bridge supporting the strings, so the action is lower, in my current bass, when I fret a note, the string hits all the other frets to the end, making it impossible to hear that note.

And it's not that I lowered it too much, just a little and that happens. How helse can I change the action? The strings also have a lot of tension, part of what makes it hard to play chords and tapping.

The Fortress I tried, really, I felt like I was playing a classic guitar, no tension, no problem at all.

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, and I wouldn't be surprised lol I'm not that experienced with basses. But if I lower the bridge supporting the strings, so the action is lower, in my current bass, when I fret a note, the string hits all the other frets to the end, making it impossible to hear that note.

And it's not that I lowered it too much, just a little and that happens. How helse can I change the action? The strings also have a lot of tension, part of what makes it hard to play chords and tapping.

The Fortress I tried, really, I felt like I was playing a classic guitar, no tension, no problem at all.

Please read the Tips & Tricks section Nuno.
There's a step by step guide on how to set up your bass.
The reason we have adjustable nuts & bridges is to get the action to suit our individual needs.It sounds like you really need to get better acquanted with things like neck relief,the functions of the truss rod & bridge/saddle height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Please read the Tips & Tricks section Nuno.
There's a step by step guide on how to set up your bass.
The reason we have adjustable nuts & bridges is to get the action to suit our individual needs.It sounds like you really need to get better acquanted with things like neck relief,the functions of the truss rod & bridge/saddle height.

Thanks, I'll do.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Don't worry, you can set a rockbass neck to be very easy to play.

Top Bottom