Replacement Pups For Streamer Jazzman

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Kwestion for those upgraders and modders out there: I lovelovelove my streamer jazzman but I've joined a thrash/industrial band and I am finding it lacks a bit of aggression, it tends to clank rather than snarl when played hard. I suspect that this may in part be due to the ash/maple combo but am thinking of a pickup change as an option. What would be recommended as something that fits into the MM 5 route that will give me more grinding mids? I'd probably consider swapping the J for something noiseless, particularly if a MM/J pack is available.
I have no problems getting the more aggressive tones out of my lolphin and LX, but they are active pups and an afzelia and maple bodied basses respectively....they just lack a string for this gig.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
hellloooooo?
Anybody home?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I don´t think the Jazzman pu config misses the growling mids or low end. Can´t imagine my Infy LTD with this pu config could sound clanky. Ofc you can try other pus, this will show if it helps or not. Just try and see/hear!

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Clank: Are your strings hitting the pickup poles? You can try lowering them and using nickel strings. That should help with some clank.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
I have had issues with strings on poles, which means I dropped the pups.....which lowers output and sensitivity.
I think I prefer active pups and noiseless pups for metal, but if I can at least go a noiseless J in the front I might get away with keeping the passive rig in there.

Reaction score
Real Name
Jesse
Hey Augie, take a look into Delano pickups, they offer a quad coil in an MM housing and a humbucker in a jazz housing, that should be more than aggressive enough! I plan on getting the same set for my Jazzman basses too.

Have you tried a darkglass b7k? I use one and it gives my bass the snarly definition I've always wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom