Replace A Corrvette Neck For 32''

Reaction score
How much would it cost and what would it take to get my Korean Pro Series Corrvette neck replaced with a 32'' one?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
No replies on this thread, pity. :-(

I think it's a little unlikely that Warwick will place a German made 32" neck on your Pro Series bass. Although it does not hurt to ask. Do inquire the man himself H.P. Wilfer at:

upload_2019-10-16_1-10-50.png

Reactions: RIP

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Won't the distance between the bridge and the heel of the neck be wrong if you do?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It probably won't but I am just curious. Distance from bridge to last fret will be the same while the distance from bridge to nut is 2" less. My brain is too stupid to figure out how this is working or not.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Brain: As long as every adjacent fret sits 1/12th closer to the bridge then the current one all will be fine bruh!

Reactions: RIP

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Brain: As long as every adjacent fret sits 1/12th closer to the bridge then the current one all will be fine bruh!

The position of frets relative to the heel is different on a 32". The fretboard goes deeper into the body. Regardless, if you replace a 34" neck with a 32" neck with the same heel you will theoretically have intonation problems, i.e. having to move saddle pieces too much forward so that they max out. Despite that, I 've placed a 34" neck on a 32" body (with its bridge positioned a bit closed to the neck) and it worked fine. And if it doesn't, you can always shim the neck heel. Shimming will change the position of your saddle pieces.

Top Bottom