Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Question about Warwick Bass and GK amp

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Stefan-FNAJazz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Stefan-FNAJazz

Stefan-FNAJazz

Hello everybody...

I play a FNA Jazzman through a GK700RB-II and 410 SBX...sounds great and everything,but I'm not sure how to adjust the amp.You can switch the input of the amp for strong and weak signals...If I set it up for weak signals I get some clipping,especially if the humbucker is in serial-mode.If I set the amp for strong signals (-14db Button)...the tone dosen't have this "nice feeling" :twisted:

It would be great to get some opinons about how to adjust the amp and how to get a good and powerful tone.Maybe somebody here uses the same bass and amp like me.

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hello, Stefan,
    Set the pre to have some clippings when you hit the strings really hard. That's the point you should have the best sound, and the best signal to noise ratio.

Cheers, Florin

3. boston asphalt2

boston asphalt2 Official Forum Pain in the Ass

i have had issues with my 1001RB-II that I have psoted extensively about in th amp section. It is a limitation of the amp, unfortunately. Set your pre-gain so it just clips and no more w hen you are hitting the strings hard, and then use the woofer knob to turn up the output volume.

4. Mr Rabble

Mr Rabble

Great head and great cab too (altough I don't own 'em).
    Use the low signal input (not the -14 db) and adjust the Input Gain as Florin says.
    Avoid excessive low boost either on the instrument and on the head, and you should be fine with a great tone

5. Stefan-FNAJazz

Stefan-FNAJazz

Thanks for all your answers...well thats the first bad thing I could find on this amp.

But I found a good solution...or better two.

The first one is that I use the Input for low signals and that I turn down the volume on the bass a little bit...just a little turn was needed and the clipping was gone.Or lets say I had a level where it just clipped when I played hard...but I think thats ok :D

My second idea was to use the high signal input and my EBS Compressorpedal as additional amplifier to get higher signal. :roll:

Maybe its also a little minus for the bass, because the switchable humbucker also has diffrent outputsignals...maybe there is a way to solve the problem.

But even without...its ok for me to turn down the basses volume a bit