Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

question about tone of my bass

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by Mako, May 30, 2009.

1. Mako

Mako

hey
    i wanna know the frequencies that my warwick standart bubinga 5 produces which freqs. does the wood naturally boost and which freqs. cuts or fail to produce well when every control is flat on the bass

i wanna learn my bass guitar's tone character by numbers not by definations like "this bass has a dark tone bla.. bla. bla"

i seek something like a dB/Hz graphic maybe

if you dont know the answer my next question is : is there any machine to measure that?
    i see informations like that for fenders and gibsons i think thats a very useful information

thanks

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hey Mako, this is almost impossible to answer, because the resulting sound is a sum of a lot of factors, like strings, technique, and even setup.
    So we can use only terms that can show a difference - like ash is darker, and bubinga is tighter. So if you already know how a bass sounds, then we can tell you what to expect, what are the differences. But I cannot comment of the frequencies, only if it is played by me, and I think you don't want to make me a present :)

Cheers, Flo