Profet compressor question

Reaction score
Hey there. Just wondering, what does the compressor on my Pro Fet 5.2 actually do? I can tell the difference in sound, but I guess I need a description in the simplest of terms :)
Cheers
Shaun

Reaction score
Hey there. Just wondering, what does the compressor on my Pro Fet 5.2 actually do? I can tell the difference in sound, but I guess I need a description in the simplest of terms :)
Cheers
Shaun

hmmmm, in the simplest of terms...

it avoids that your amp is clipping soon when slapping for example.
that was the way my 5.1 was working though. it´s more a limiter.

maybe somebody knows if the compression on 5.2 is better now...

florin, for example :)

Reaction score
It removes the peaks in your signal, slapping and poppings best friend. But too much compreession and you start to loosa dynamics, your sound will go flat.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hey Shaun,

The compression cuts the peaks of your sound above one level (named threshold) . So it will keep loud notes down.
A good compressor is transparent, so it adds nothing to the sound. But it tames the bass a little.
The Profet's compressor is not a limiter like Peter said. A limiter is a compressor too, but with very dramatic settings. The profet's compressor is a gentle one :)

Reaction score
There's a compressor on an el cheapo combo I have & it's anything but musical.In fact,it's downright nasty.It's on the same knob as the input gain & has a small switch to engage it.I really have no idea how to properly use it.All I know is if I press the knob,it makes a beautiful sounding bas sound really bad.Almost like the cheapest,nastiest overdrive/distortion effect you could ever imagine,is as accurate as I can describe it.

Top Bottom