Profet 3.2 or CCL combo?

Reaction score
Hey you all!

Id like to buy an amp for practise with band and small venues. Among other amps, I also consider between profet 3.2 + wca 211 pro cab or CCL 210 ND. Ive heard very good things about the combo, while I could find some threads of people that dislike the profet 3.2 head from different reasons. After looking to the specs - am i right, that the amplifiers are practicly the same (appart form regualble compression)?

To put it straightforward, which of those two amps sounds better? I have no preferences over either a combo or head+cab. I play funk/rock.

I play a warwick corvette std 4 string active ash - and of coursei I like it a lot!

thanks and wish you all a nice day

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hello Jaro,

I think, the amps sound pretty much the same. You can chose CCL 210 for lightweight if you like.

CCL 210 has 250 W
PRO FET- 300 W

CCL has NEO speakers, they sound really really good, but you have to be shure that you like that specific NEO sound.
211 pro is a great Cabinet, and has a classic sound, might be better for rock.

I'd chose pro-fet + 211 pro. Plus you can always upgrade it

And welcome to the forum mate :)

Reaction score
Wow that was qiuck! Thank you!

So, luckily advised by you, Ill probably take the profet + 411 pro on 8ohm (and later maybe the 115 pro). I suppose I could use the cabs also when Ill buy some better amp somedays. It is a pitty I can not try the ccl 210 anywhere in slovenia - combos are rare in our country - and much more expensive - they still use the old prices :(!

And one more question - for example if I connect the 411pro (600w) and 115pro (300w) to an amp with for example. 600w, is it ok? Or should the 115pro also be 600w in order not break down? Or only the total sum of cabs watts is important (in this case 900w), regardless the power of the individual cab?

Thank you again!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Jaro,

411 pro on 8 ohms is too much for pro fet 3.2, but can be ok for profet 5.1

Remember, if you use 8 ohms cab with 4 ohms amp, you will lose about 30% of the amp's power, so... you will reallly have 200 W profet in 600W 411 pro... They will not sound right, and you risk to burn the cab...
The perfect match for 3.2 seems to be 410 pro. 211 pro is also ok...

Take care ,
flo

Top Bottom