Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Pot Problem On Rockbass Corvette

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by David Mc, Mar 19, 2019.

1. David Mc

David Mc

I have just acquired an oldish Rockbass Corvette generally in very good condition, serial number RBSNM038542 S-06. I understand this may mean it was built in 2006. It has one problem however. The treble pot and it’s knob is loose. The pot works, but the whole assembly is loose and the actual pot is only prevented from revolving by its attachment to the wiring. I cannot see how you get the knob off to extract the pot (there are no securing grub screws that I can see) and I cannot see in the electronics cavity how the pot should be secured to the body of the instrument. Sorry about the long and rambling explanation, I am an elderly bass beginner. Thanks for reading this post, all advice appreciated

2. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Hello, welcome to the forum. You need to carefully pull the pot's knob outward so that it's removed. You can then tighten the nut using an appropriate tool. Open the electronics cavity so that you can hold the pot as you tighten, so that the wiring is not severed. Good luck and let us know if you need anything else.

3. David Mc

David Mc

Hi thank you very much for your reply and advice. I did try very tentatively to pull the knob outward but I was frightened I would damage the pot, I will have another go tomorrow. Regards David

jester likes this.
  4. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    You may have a stubborn one right there. Pictured you can see a couple of knobs from a 2002 RockBass, I am assuming that yours are the exact same. Sometimes the plastic part gets stuck on the pot, in fact if you pull you may remove only the metal part of the knob and the plastic will stay on the pot. But then you will most probably be able to remove the plastic as well. Then you should require some super glue between the two parts of the knob before reattaching. Posting this picture so that you can verify you have the same pots with a fairly coarse knurling. Then you can proceed safely.

DSC_0115.JPG

Florin likes this.
  5. David Mc

David Mc

FEC70614-B465-4208-8D6E-82E841B9D618.jpeg
    Yes they look the same thankyou

jester likes this.
  6. David Mc

David Mc

Not sure if I have been successful posting an image!

7. David Mc

David Mc

Hi I have managed to get the knob off and the nut tightened, thank you very much for your advice and assistance, regards David

imabuddha, jester and Florin like this.
  8. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Awesome David! :) Do stick around, cheers!

Stainless likes this.