Post Performance Depression

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I guess music is like sports. PLaying tennis can be a lot of fun, doing it professionally - I am pretty sure it is not. So this is how me and other people that have no other job than rock n' roll feel like, not the Sunday Warriors :) I know a lot of them, and they are having a lot of fun!
I am thinking to join a bluesy project, and... you know... do what I love, while being home with my family.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't realize things had gotten so out of control. Glad you stepped out of the swamp in time bro. Those two people at home are the most important ones in the universe!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and insights, much appreciated!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Florin!

I always thought it would be this way, but I didn't think that it is that common among the musicians. Be glad to be out of this. There is nothing as important as our children. And music shall not only enjoy the crowd but ofc the musicians too!

I can't imagine playing our stuff 40 times each year. Every gig shall be something special, an unforgettable moment in our lives. One of the unwritten rules in our band: after a gig there is one week off. No rehearsals, no gigs, just writing some messages and posting pics/vids. This way we make sure not to step onto each others feet. This is no strict rule, but most of the time we do so.

Weekend warriors? Yes, Sir! Doesn't mean we don't take the music serious. We want to play good songs in a good mood with a wild celebrating crowd. 50.000 of them? No, give us 50! As long as they kick ass!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7646.JPG
    IMG_7646.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 203

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am very glad you are in a better place now Florin. Thank you for this peek into the life of a touring musician in a big band.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Yes. It happens immediately after a really good gig to me. A good way to cure it is to make sure you have something else good lined up very soon after - a solid schedule of shows. Also if you play a lot of big shows and tour and then are not touring anymore, that can get depressing. Also makes me not want to go to concerts at all unless I am involved in some way. Fans are treated like cattle at larger venues. After you have played large gigs, it just sucks to deal with that anymore.

Top Bottom