Portable Bass Amps

Reaction score
So I did a search first and didn’t find anything soooooo-

Any recommendations for portable bass amps (and I mean portable possibly even can run on batteries) that I could lug easily for impromptu jams on the dock or another friend’s boat?

Mind you I have the TC Electronic RH450 and 2 X 10on my boat, but I’m not keen on lugging up and down the stairway for this purpose.

M Genz-Benz is at a guitar player’s house for rehearsal sessions.

The Blackstar mini FLY3 with the companion extension cab might be the ticket but I’ve not checked one out yet- one advantage is they can run on batteries-

Blackstar Guitar Combo Amplifier, Black (FLY3PAK)
Any recommendations?

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I think TC Electronic make several combo amps. @Hardy bought a combo not so long ago. I like my CMD121, bit pricy but it's my main amp.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

Without a shred of doubt.

If you need to be louder mains power is your only option. Have a look at the Phil Jones Bass "Bass Cub" combos. They're 2x5" and loud AF.

Reaction score

Without a shred of doubt.

If you need to be louder mains power is your only option. Have a look at the Phil Jones Bass "Bass Cub" combos. They're 2x5" and loud AF.
You probably made a sale Marco- this was first in the list of a mini amp review I found online earlier-

Mind you this would be for informal jams on a person’s boat or the dock near the boat with acoustic guitars or electrics with small amps-

Hardy

Supporting Member
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I think TC Electronic make several combo amps. @Hardy bought a combo not so long ago. I like my CMD121, bit pricy but it's my main amp.
I bought an EBS Session 60 combo. I don´t recommend it for playing alone but in the band it would be sufficient for some smaller gigs.

Top Bottom