Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Piezo Bass Saddles

Discussion in 'Bass Pickups & Electronics' started by Llewellen, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Llewellen

Llewellen

I have a Corvette Basic 5 string fretless. I am going to redo the PUs and electronics and would like to install these piezo saddles. However, it's not obvious to me how they could fit in the 2 piece 3D bridge that is stock with the Corvette. Any advice? Thanks.

Warwick Piezo Saddles for 2-Piece 3D Bridge

2. Toepfer

Toepfer Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Pepe
    I changed the bridge to a piezo bridge on my Fortress fretless, but I changed the whole bridge and nor just the saddles. The problem is, the cables of the saddles need to go through the bridge itself - so some drilling will be required. And you might need to drill another channel (through the wood) from the bridge to the electronics compartment, because you can't fit the six cable through the hole for the ground wire. And you might need additional space in the electronics compartment to fit the piezo board. Mine fit, because I switched to a 3 pot layout. But I have to say that I might go back to the "normal" bridge, as the Glockenklang preamp I had before sounds so much better, than the MEC mit the Piezo.

3. Llewellen

Llewellen

So, the bottom line seems to be that it would be a lot of hassle, even if the additional electronics will fit in the cavity. Time to dream up Plan B :0

Of course, that leaves open the question of which Warwick bridge those saddles are supposed to fit in.

RIP likes this.
  4. Toepfer

Toepfer Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Pepe
    The saddles should fit every Warwick 2 piece Bridge. But I guess the piezo bridges have some extra milling for the cables.