Pedals You Want To Try

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I've been getting the overdrive itch again lately. I've got a couple of really good ones, but I don't think they're giving me what I'm hearing in my head.

Electro-Harmonix has a new one out that looks really interesting. I like the whole concept of having two different ODs in one pedal. And it sounds great!

They've also had this one out for a while now:

So, what pedals do you all want to try?

Jay2U

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Recently, between Xmas and New Year, I tried a few. TC Electronic Dark Matter, Boss SD-1, NUX Scream Bass, Behinger BOD400 and electro-harmonix Big Muff PI and Nano Bass Big Muff.
The cheapest, the Behringer BOD400 was the winner for me. It features a bass boost control that controls the bottom end. The high notes can be kept relatively clean. Here's an example of what it can do, a simple song featuring my son on guitar.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Want to try the TC Electronic SpectraComp and Darkglass B3K overdrive. That's it.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Whoa! I hadn't heard about this one yet. Very intriguing. Hopefully someone on YouTube will do a demo/review soon. I like the two-in-one concept a lot.

Reaction score
Diamond Quantum Leap

I don't know why but I like their gear.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory

Ask and I shall receive, apparently. ;)

I think it sounds pretty good, but I think they missed the boat by building it with a toggle switch and a single stomp switch. It would be better for live use if it had two footswitches. I bet a lot of folks will be disappointed that you can't stack one into the other, too.

That sounds unbelievably sick!

Reaction score
mega keen on the AO ultra!! was going to get the mini one for fun but with the 6 band and the cab sims as well this pedal is very very exciting to me. I'm hoping it'll do cool things with my always on b7ku and then punch the AO channel on for more glory lol. so many possibilities my only gripe is the contestant need for every demo to be a dingwall and a pick player. you'd think that as this is a signature pedal they'd be trying to emulate Johns sound...

Reaction score
I want the compression pedal with the ginger superhero on it but don’t know that I can justify it given that I already have a Boss CS-2 I bought new back in 1989 (shortly after many Bass Arena members were born).

With that said I am tempted by the EH Super Pulsar-

4EB4295A-DB04-4A10-A48C-494C3F3E60A7.jpeg

XXL

Reaction score
58ED6967-0728-4ECE-9E4B-2D8265B96E7F.jpeg
Really looking forward to this guy!

Edit: So I guess I can’t add Instagram posts as a media embed here.

Reaction score
I want the compression pedal with the ginger superhero on it but don’t know that I can justify it given that I already have a Boss CS-2 I bought new back in 1989 (shortly after many Bass Arena members were born).

With that said I am tempted by the EH Super Pulsar-

View attachment 18416
So I got both- %#*@&!! - But not at the same time- the ginger first, then the EH Super Pulsar-

Sighs....

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
I like to try a good chorus for bass.

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
actually, I don't know what could be cool to use. I use my MXR bass DI. That's a perfect sound.. Any suggestionsz?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I tried a bunch of chorii, most are annoying and rather harsh in the mids. I still have a small clone but it never leaves the drawer of doom.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I like to try a good chorus for bass.

I've had the Arion Bass Chorus, the Boss Bass Chorus, and the MXR Stereo Chorus. Of the three, I'd say the MXR is the best, but the Arion is surprisingly good. The Boss is a little subtle. I've heard the Chorus Ensemble pedal is actually better on bass than the Bass Chorus.

I still want to try the Tech 21 Boost Chorus and the TC Electronics Corona Chorus. Also probably the EHX Clone Theory (which is what Peter Hook allegedly uses for his signature tone).

Sounds pretty sick, but I wish it was a lot smaller.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
I would like to try the EHX Slammi Plus.
It's a Whammy, which is cool but also can be a nice chorus. Wondering how it sounds with a bass.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I would like to try the EHX Slammi Plus.
It's a Whammy, which is cool but also can be a nice chorus. Wondering how it sounds with a bass.

I've really got to get caught up on EHX's newer offerings. I hadn't even heard about this one. Thankfully they didn't do it with that "next step" design that they use for so many of their expression pedals nowadays. Maybe they're getting the message that almost nobody likes that design.

Top Bottom