Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Orange Super Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by Nachobassman, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

Hola amigos,

Few nights ago I had a rehearsal with a gospel choir I'm playing a couple of gigs, stepping in for their bass player. They rented a big rehearsal room at a well known place in Madrid. You know, the usual rehearsal room for big bands and similars, with a handfull of guitar, keyboard and bass amps.

Well, there they had two bass amps: one was a huge Fender bassman combo ( I guess from the 70's) and the other an even bigger Orange fridge (I guess from the 70's, too) that caught my attention from the second I got into the room.

It was an Orange Super Bass head with what looked like a 2x15 cab. Instantly I noticed it was a vintage all-tube amp and OFC I plugged my Infinity SN 5 on it.

This is a pic of a similar amp/cab I found on the web (the one I played had the cab covered, in better shape, not like in this pic that you could see the upper speaker cone):

SuperbassStackClose.jpg

Let me try to explain this the best I could: I can't remember any other time my Warwick Infinity SN5 sounded so alive and REAL like thru this Orange amp.

Now every other amp sound like sh*@€ to me... :rolleyes::D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Hardy and Bassist4Eris like this.
  2. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

That's tube amps for ya m8.
    There is no way back now.

Nachobassman and Hardy like this.