Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Offtopic: Covid-19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by DiMarco, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

What? even the taxes?! How can that be? Surely the bureaucracy must continue....

;)

2. Luc67

Luc67 Supporting Member

Taxes and charges for companies, individualy it's almost impossible !
    In our system we are now "prélevé à la source" (withholding tax ?) its impossible to avoid taxes !

3. PaulS

PaulS Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Where I live they are asking that no one go out from 8pm-5am, all shopping centers, gyms,movies, theaters all closed. Restaurants are open for pick up and delivery only. As testing is ramping up, number of reported cases and deaths are increasing. One family alone seems to have had a big party. 19 people from same family infected, 1 death , 4 in critical condition with a few others hospitalized. This really shows why they are trying to keep large gatherings from happening.

4. Hardy

Hardy Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Oh oh...

5. EPBBass

EPBBass

Yeah, they are trying to avoid huge amounts of infections at once cause we are not able to handle them in big numbers.

They are trying to get the infection rate down, so there will be the same numbers of infected people but over a greater period of time which shall enable us to treat each individual with more time and resources, this should lower the death toll.

6. Hector

The biggest problem I know of is that there are not enough ventilators in Europe to help those with severe breathing problems if a lot of people all get ill at the same time.
    Keeping people isolated and at home can help avoid this.

EPBBass likes this.
  7. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

I just hope all of us and our families are still alright.
    While the media and news keep reporting, by now there is nothing really new. Let's just hope by isolating we can slow down the spread so doctors won't have to say no to the elderly coming in for help over time.

On social media you see some terrifying messages from people and information being spread that is simply wrong. Even my own dad started posting horror images of those who were hit hard by corona. I kindly asked him to stop causing panic since this isn't helping in any way or form. Please keep an eye on each other and try to keep friends n family from panicking. As bassists we are the most solid foundation people can rely on, right? Keep it in the pocket guys.

8. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    I am luckly, still able to work in our lab at university :)
    We are mostly alone and sometime with one or two other people. So the infection rate is quite moderate.
    At our student dorm the first people start to panic and went home. But still everything alright.
    Had a nice rehearsal meeting with my band mates yesterday :)

ectoflanger and PizzaFiend like this.
  9. EPBBass

EPBBass

Some Band mates refuse to come to rehearsal. I am kinda angry but will not force them in any way. It's their right to refuse.

Gonna play with my drummer and drink some beer. Enjoying the few days of work before I have to dive into that nightmare that it will be, if there is an outbreak nearby.

10. Hector

To be honest, I don't blame your band mates.. I'm refusing to leave the house until I hear some better news.....

11. TomBow

TomBow

I agree and support that NPR is one of the best, unoversensationalizing source for new information. Here, in Minnesota and Wisconsin, retaurants and bars are closing at 5, except for curbside pickup service.
    Best wishes and luck to all of us humans. Keep hope alive, preparedness is important and worrying is useless. Peace to all. Look forward to the days when this starts to ebb and we all celebrate!!

Ps. Damn Wu-Tang Clan and their virus! uh, yeah. I AM kidding. Love the WTC.

PizzaFiend likes this.
  12. DiMarco

As I have been made admin of a Discord server where all the local pubs in my hometown have their own channel, and it is getting pretty crowded and really nice there I reckoned it would be nice if us lonely and locked up forum members could join the fray.

I have set up a Warwick Forum Discord Server at Join the Warwick Forum Virtual Café Discord Server!
    This server will remain online at least until the end of the Corona crisis.

Discord is an app often used by online gamers. It allows groups of people to communicate through not just text messages but also has group voice channels.
    So we can finally get to hear eachothers ridiculous accents! (well the European members, no doubt the Americans on here do not suffer any dialect or accent).

So grab your headsets and come on down to party!

I will now start working on adding a channel bot that can play music in the voice channels to further enhance the experience and have it become even more like a café!

PizzaFiend, Nachobassman and EPBBass like this.
  13. EPBBass

EPBBass

I'll get a mic as fast as possible!

14. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

15. DiMarco

16. DiMarco

17. PaulS

Lol Dimarco, it’s true. Haven’t found any in 3 weeks. Here is an update on that family I posted about above. N.J. family ravaged by coronavirus loses fourth member
    4th member of family has passed. I am NOT posting this to panic people or anything, but rather to show why they are harping on the social isolation aspect to help slow this down.

18. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

800 people died in Italy today. It seems Germany is doing much better, but this is really a time to care about our loved ones. I am not afraid of the disease, I am pretty sure I've been worse other times (the horrible men's flu plus bacteriae on top), but my father and mother in law may not survive this if I don't care about them. It hurts being alone, and It hurts seing my 14 y old son isolated, but I think this is the right thing to do now. This has two stage- in first one the cases are isolated, epidemiologists can trace each person that contacted the virus, but soon comes the 2nd one when the virus spreads intra-community, and things can go south really fast and uncontrollable. You can take the damn thing even from the dust you are breathing on the street, it lives 4 days!!! I am staying home mate, take care of yourselves!

PizzaFiend and Hardy like this.
  19. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

The word my wife and I keep saying is, surreal. It's just SO surreal. Frightening is a close second.

If anyone is not understanding what the urgency is to truly isolate and not even hang with friends for a jam session or a beer...just read a few stories on the 1918 pandemic. Cities and countries that didn't take quick action paid a horrible price. And there was multiple waves over near 2 years.

C-19 has already affected me, though thankfully not health wise. I was laid off from my job yesterday. Was working from home for the last week and thought I was safe from getting the axe. Owner of my company forecasted a 40% drop in revenue with no end in sight. Now I'm jobless and losing my health insurance to boot. I'm really scared right now. Never did I think I'd have to to start selling off my Wicks, but I think it's about to have to happen. We are incredibly anxious right now. Stay safe everyone. I wish you and your families safety through this period. Health and financially.

Hector and Hardy like this.
  20. PaulS

@Hoggles. Very sorry to hear that man. Hopefully the stimulus plan they have will help you and others in the same situation out. I’m in a weird position in that I’ve been on disability for the last 5 weeks with vertigo, so I have been pretty isolated. Wife, of course, has been out there. My workplace provides industrial supplies, so even though 3 of the states we are in (NJ IL and CA) have closed all non essential businesses, we are considered essential since we sell to healthcare. Our disability system in NJ has collapsed. I was able to create a claim, but website is so overwhelmed that my doc can’t submit info to verify my illness, so I’m not getting paid. My company has insurance through another company to help us, but same deal with them. This is going to be a long, tough road for many of us.

Hector likes this.